[confirm] BSOD with AverMedia H826 card (1 Viewer)

caveman69

Portal Member
November 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Short description - I am getting BSOD when trying to tune ATSC channels with this card and Generic provider (the only provider that connects to ATSC tuner under Vista).

I am getting the same BSOD with RC3 and RC4 as I did with RC1 - full details and logs are here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-1-2-496/avermedia-avertv-hybrid-volar-max-h826-does-not-tune-atsc-channels-79301/

RC1, RC3 and RC4 server logs are all the same - ATSC card is recognized, graph with Generic provider built, then when I try to tune the log stops recording anything because of the BSOD.

Talking to AverMedia tech support is no help - they do not support MP. The card works flawlessly with their native application and with MP 0.2.3.0 on XP Pro. The cause of the problem must be in a different way BDA is implemented in Vista/W7 vs XP. AverMedia claims this card is BDA compliant.

Anybody's input is more than welcome - this issue has been driving me nuts for a long time now! Please help!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Talking to AverMedia tech support is no help - they do not support MP. The card works flawlessly with their native application and with MP 0.2.3.0 on XP Pro. The cause of the problem must be in a different way BDA is implemented in Vista/W7 vs XP. AverMedia claims this card is BDA compliant.

Too bad that they have taken that attitude. BSOD is caused by broken drivers and seems that only MP is able to trigger that crash. Sorry, not possible to help on the application side :( I would suggest you to sell that card any buy a new card from a manufacturer who respects the customers at least a bit. Their attitude is almost like saying that GPU manufacturer would say that you need to use IE, Firefox is not supported and we aren't responsible for any crashes that happen when you scroll down the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom