Bug 0001543 postponed. (1 Viewer)

yevgenb

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Dear Developers,

I see that the bug assosiated with this problem is postponed to post-1.0 release. I'm developer by myself and don't see how non-commercial product can be managed that way. :mad:
Guys - IT'S SHOWSTOPPER!!! The video playback either broken or stuttering/freezing. The video playback for a lot of people is THE MOST IMPORTANT feature and IT'S BROKEN. How can you release the product that is known to be broken?!? You don't need to have strict release schedule - let's fix problem instead.
There is no workaround - in most cases FFDSHOW doesn't work well and can't be used instead of DIVX.
I have been using and testing mediaportal for almost 2 years and ready to help - I can help to reproduce/debug the problem if needed.

Let's make portal better. not sooner!

Thanks,
Eugene

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just turn off the tray utility from divx codec's settings. Also if you find a way to fix it please post a patch :)

yevgenb

Portal Member
    January 3, 2007
    When WatchDog enabled it looks like a crash - everything get's minimized and MP is not restarted/restored.
    Without WatchDog - minimized - playback stops with "device lost" -MP restored.
    Disabling "exclusive mode" helps but in US there is visible difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom