bug:Album View with more same album names displays wrong (1 Viewer)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yesterday I was reorganising all of my music and discovered a bug in the album view.

First I noticed
Artist: Racoon - Album: Another Day and Artist: Lene Marlin - Album: Another Day showed up in the same album under Album View. Also no album art was displayed (due to 2 mixed up albums I guess)

Then I checked album : Greatest Hits; you can imagine what happened there.. 4 Albums mixed up from 4 different Artists.

I deleted the music database and did a rescan; result stays the same. So it seems like it's really a bug. I hope someone can look at this.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
HI,

I've had the same problem since updating to the final 0.2.3.0 - Album view was displaying fine in rc versions before this

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    oops, seems we made a mistake cleaning up the views.

This is easy to fix.
    Go to Configuration -> Music -> Music Views.
    Select the "Albums" View from the list.
    now in the "Act" column of line 2 press "a", this inserts a new row afterwards.
    fill the new row with:
    Selection = Artist
    ViewAs = List
    Asc = Checked

"Save" the changed view and you should see it as previous.

Default View Layout is corrected aso in next SVN

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tried this, but it's not like what I expected. Now I have Artists selection after each selected Album.

I remember in the previous version of database, I had album view, the same way you would expect when you check the CD's in your audio rack, Each CD is an Album and was visible directly in the Album View. When you look at the cd (Album) I want to see what's on it in 1 view (same when looking on backside of cd)

Now when I select Greatest Hists(it has only 1 in album view), with the cover of 1 CD, I've to select The Artist afterwards. What I realy like to see is; 4 greatest hits cd's in album view.

Should I rename the album names to something unique to make them appear as seperate albums? Or is there another way to get a "key" on both album and artist.

The line artist in the albumview configuration, I have deleted it again. After selecting an album (CD) it has no use to select the artist before you can select a song to listen. Especially coz 'Artist Albums' have only 1 album and 'various artist albums' have for every song their own artist. I can't imagine anyone wants to have this kind of view.

Please tell me what's the best way to go to have my loved album view back the way I want it.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, ok, i understand your concerns.

grab the next nightly public build, delete musicview.xml and it'll work as you expect.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problem is almost solved. Now on compiled albums(more as 1 artist), each artist has it's own album entry in album view.

It seems like the database key to view this is set on "Albumname + Artist" in stead of "Albumname + AlbumArtist"

I checked my albums to what this issue occured and Album Artist is set to "Various Artists" on every song.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Correct. My Problem. was still using Artist instead of ALbumArtist in 2 places.
    It is ciorrected and available in the next public build

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom