Bug: Edition Tag Duplication (1 Viewer)

Lehm

Portal Member
September 13, 2009
I just started to use the custom edition tagging on my movies. I have found that when I refresh a movie either from inside the mediaportal or moving pictures config the tag will get duplicated. For example I have Abyss ([SE]).mkv . Imported it becomes Abyss [SE]. Refresh it and it becomes Abyss [SE] [SE]. Every time I refresh it will add a new [SE] to the end.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Lehm, i just tested this and it's working fine here. I've tried it with both the ([3D]) tag and your ([SE]) tag. [SE] only gets added once, even after 3 refreshes.

Could you please delete all your logs, then open MP Config and refresh a movie you're having problems with and then post your IMDb+.log & movingpictures.log?

Lehm

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    After some more experimentation I found its not happening to all movies. Only the ones not in the rename database. I also have Terminator II SE...that one is in the rename database and does not have this problem. Which movie did you try it with...I bet its in the rename database.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, I just added "Big Fan ([SE]) (tt1228953).avi" (not in rename database) as a test and kept refreshing, but no matter what I do, I keep "Big Fan [SE]" as title inside MovPic. This was only a quick test on my development box (this system), so could be other factors at play.

So I'll be interested in seeing your log files, to see what is happening on your side that is causing this. Might be needed for you to enable scraper-debug mode, so that I can actually see what the IMDb+ scraper-script is doing, but standard debug-enabled log files should do for a start.

Lehm

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    I see you have the imdb code in the file name itself. I added that to my file and the problem went away. So the problem exists for files that don't have the code and aren't in the rename database. I suppose as a work around I could add all affected movies to my rename database (cause I'm sure not adding the code to the filename).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tested it without the IMDb-tt number in folder or filename.
    Test was run with movie The A-Team (2010) and used 'The A-Team (2010) ([Extended])' as foldername without issues.

Lehm

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    What do you mean by foldername? Are they supposed to be inside specially named folders?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    PS: And no you can make the special edition changes to filename, but also to foldername (same problem with first match though, as I will explain next).

Yes, originally the special editions would only work if you had the IMDb tt-ID as part of the filename (or NFO).

But I've since been able to change the scraper-script to allow special editions without, by (ab)using a different MovPic database field. It's just that I'm used to have the IMDb tt-ID in the filename for my own collection, so it avoids issues during import (title+year is not enough as I got many movies who are idential then as well).

Importing also goes a lot faster, because instead of: title+year -> get search results -> get AKA titles on each -> verify/compare -> find match -> get details

You go: IMDb tt-ID -> get details and skip all the other stuff.

So I checked importing "Abyss ([SE]).mkv" and that is exactly the problem. The first match found during that "get search results" part = "The Abyss (1989)", and I only pass forward the special edition tags on the very first movie match found. The 3rd match is "Abyss (2010)" which is a better match on title, which is why MovingPictures ends up going with that one for final match. However then the special edition part is not forwarded between search node and details node as it was not the first match found during the initial search.

If I import "Abyss (2010) ([SE]).mkv" at least the first match is correct to the movie that is picked first, and [SE] is added to the title.

It also works on "The Abyss ([SE]).mkv", as the first match search results are correct then.

You can check for yourself via: http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Abyss

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom