[BUG] Episode infos during playback lost when pressing [X] (1 Viewer)

safran64

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I wasn't able to find this bug described elsewhere so I post it.

If I start an episode in TV-Series I will see the correct title and the description from the database in the video-OSD [Y] during playback.

But when I leave the playback to go back to the TV-Series menu without aborting the video by pressing [X] and return to fullscreen video by pressing [X] again the current title is set to the filename and the ep description has vanished.

I tried the same procedure in MyFilms-plugin where all worked fine; so it must be a TV-Series issue (testet with ver. 1.0.0 & 1.1.0).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can't reproduce this, have you tried the latest svn of the plugin?

Damien

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Cannot reproduce, and if it is the case then its because you select something after going out of fullscreen that causes MP to set certain guiproperties (overriding title etc.).

There really isn't anything I could do about this (except another dirty hack). I'm going to file this under anomolies for now.

safran64

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I tried the latest SVN but I must admit I tried it only quickly with the Blue2 skin;
    Don't know if that makes a difference...

[Update]

Just tested the new 1.2 release and the problem doesn't appear anymore:D
    For now there is no need to pay further attention on it...

Sorry for the confusion :oops:

Thanks for the quick responses!

[EDIT]
    Okay, okay, I DID pay further attention on it....

Sorry Inker ... I like this plugin too much. ;)

Did so because it happened again... (without any further actions after leaving fullscreen)

I recognized that the "allowoverlay" option was deactivated in the new Blu2 skin (ver 1.2.0) and after reactivation the problem returned.
    After digging a little deeper I found out the following:

In my case the TVseries data are only deleted when the VideoOverlay module is initiated.

But curiously some video entries didn't show this problem. So what differs these videos from the others?

The solution was that only videos kept their infos which were permanently stored in the movie database (from myFilms plugin (doesn't delete its movie db entries) and/or older TVseries versions like described in this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=19310&highlight=database)

After deleting the movie database entries manually these videos lost their infos, too. -> q.e.d.

So since the movie database problem was fixed (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=23448&highlight=database) my suggestions were it is wanted that the movie database entries are deleted after leaving the video fullscreen mode, right? And because of that the GUIVideoOverlay.cs module, which uses only the movie database for info display, doesn't have the TVseries infos anymore when going back to fullscreen...

Though I totally agree that this issue is not top priority it would be nice if anybody had a closer look at his movie database to confirm if it is a real bug or only an anomaly of my system.
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom