Bug in My music player (1 Viewer)

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Go to My music, select an album, press play... then go to playing now window and the cover art is never showed for the first song, then if you press next track here, the cover art is showed right, but now, if you go back to previous screens the cover art does not disappear from the middle of the screen, covering all in the background...

This bug happens, with 0.2.3 RC1 an latest SVN installed...

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can't confirm. you need to give us more info how to reproduce this.
    Which Player you use: BASS or Internal Player?
    Have you configured MP to jump directly to Now Playing when pressing "P"?
    Is the Coverart included in the file you play or in folder.jpg?

for me it works with both players, please list exact steps.

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm using BASS, i doesn't have configured the option to go now playing automatically. The coverart is in the file that i played (but sometimes it's in folder.jpg file)... but now i know how to get the error; you must select an option in the Configurator of MP. Go to Music >> Now playing >> Visualization options >> Show visualizations (BASS player) CHECKED. That way you can get the bug, then go to MP, select Music, go to an album and press P, now i get the playlist and the music begins... selected Now playing option to the left, i can't see the coverart now... but i press here the Next track button >>| and then i can see the coverart... finally if you select back to the list, or press ESC you will notice the bug that i'm talking about...

Regards,

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Tested it here & can't confirm this either, did you run "update database" in MP Setup first?

Regards
    Roy

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'll try that way, but must i run the "update database" utility every time that i add/remove files in my music hdd? anyway i've noticed that hwahrmann have fixed some problems related to music visualizations , may be that these changes have solved my bug...

i'll report here my test results using last SVN, in a few minutes, after i've tested it deeply....

regards,

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    After some tests, i've noticed the following issues:

1. When i press play over an album folder (i've mp3 files distributed in folders, each folder is an album) i go to "Now playing" screen, the picture displayed there is something that must be downloaded from internet i think, because it shows pictures that i doesn't have in my hdd. Sometimes, it shows pictures from the singer or group but other times, it shows just empty (no picture)... I can understand this behaviour, may be that it's no a bug, but can't understand it. I think that it could be most logical to show in first place folder.jpg picture or the album art stored into the Mp3 (if it has one, most of my mp3 doesn't have embedded pictures).

2. Another extrange issue is about the context menu for music albums. For example, i select an album, press F9 and "search cover art" the dialog shows that is searching cover... ok... nice. sometimes it doesn't find cover, no problem, but, if i press F3 (album info) somethimes, this way it finds the album info an cover (can't understand why, this method is searching another location/database???) but, even in this case, it shows the album info, the cover, but it's not updated when i exit. Then i select album info again, for the same album than before, and it scans AGAIN using internet for album info... ?¿?¿?¿ i'm not sure if this is also a bug, because i think that it could be logical that if this album has previously scanned and located, it's not necessary to scan internet again for the same info... and it's slow. I'm not sure what's the difference between 'search cover art' option and 'album info' into the context menu for an album. The first look for a cover... the second option, look for a cover and track info? it does not store the info in a database?? please clarify me about the behaviour of this functions...

3. I've noticed that some mp3 files causes MP to crash, i need a in deep tests to report here what kind of files, or why, but all i know is that some times, i select an album, pressed play button, and MP exits to desktop with no error message; it just exits.

best regards,

patricon

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    First attempt to play song makes MP "vanish"

TV-Server Version: Latest SVN
    MediaPortal Version: Latest SVN
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
    Windows Version: MCE2005
    Memory: 1Gb
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1300
    1. TV Card Type: Hybrid
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Shuttle XPC ST20G5
    Remote: MCE (Hauppauge)
    TV: Samsung 32" LCD (1280x768)
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

I have your same problem (3) with MP disappearing (crashing with no error box) when I play the first song, I can't remember this problem happening in any other case, so I don't think it is related to the MP3s but actually to the sequences of actions performed before playing the song.

In fact, ìt only happens when playing the first song after I load MP, and typically only if I look for a specific song by navigating various views/artists/albums, it almost never happens if I just play the first song in whatever view I'm in after loading MP. In this case (ie. when MP doesn't crash) I can then navigate views/artists/albums to find my favourite song and play it without problems.

I have WinAmp Viz enabled, ffdshow audio, no ASIO, no 5.1 upmixing, no other "fancy" options selected...

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Unfortunately, in my configuration Winamp is already disabled as an external player, and so any other player...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom