Bug or Missing feature found with sound and twinhan. (1 Viewer)

fjonson

Portal Member
February 5, 2005
Hello!

When recording a show from an encrypted channel with ac3 sound the show is recorded with ac3 sound but on playback there is no sound.
This because the wrong pid nr for sound is sent to the CI module, the pid for mpg sound is transmitted instead of the ac3 pid nr.
This issue must be quite easy to correct.

There is one more issue regarding the sound from encrypted channels. If you change audio then watching TV mediaportal change the pid in the graf but no new pid nr is transmitted to the CI module and this is necessary if you are using thinhan cards with CI modules, other wise the CI module decodes the incorrect pid.

I don’t now I this is specific for the twinhan cards or if this is a common problem.

The problem still exists in RC3.

/Fjonson

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Second problem is in Mantis.

First problem, do you hear sound with Timeshifting on. i.e. without recording?

DMAN

fjonson

Portal Member
    February 5, 2005
    Hello DMAN!

No I have not tested to watch TV with time shift. But I did take a look in the source, I can’t se any possibility for the source to send the correct pid to the CI module and it’s confirmed by the logs. If I don’t miss understood the code there is only a few places where the pid’s are transmitted to the CI module and the primary place should be in DVBGraphBase.cs in the function SendPMT(), and the row
    Code:
                if (_cardProperties.SendPMT(camType, _currentTuningObject.ProgramNumber, _currentTuningObject.VideoPid, _currentTuningObject.AudioPid, pmt, (int)pmt.Length))
                {
                  return true;
                }

So i did change the code to the following code (I hope I remember it corectly).

Code:
                if (_currentTuningObject.AC3Pid!=0x0){
                    if (_cardProperties.SendPMT(camType, _currentTuningObject.ProgramNumber, _currentTuningObject.VideoPid, _currentTuningObject.AC3Pid, pmt, (int)pmt.Length))
                    {
                        return true;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        Log.Write("DVBGraph:Send PMT#{0} version:{1} failed", _pmtSendCounter, pmtVersion);
                        _refreshPmtTable = true;
                        _lastPMTVersion = -1;
                        _pmtSendCounter = 0;
                        return true;
                    }
                }
                else
                {
                  if (_cardProperties.SendPMT(camType, _currentTuningObject.ProgramNumber, _currentTuningObject.VideoPid, _currentTuningObject.AudioPid, pmt, (int)pmt.Length))
                  {
                    return true;
                  }
                  else
                  {
                    Log.Write("DVBGraph:Send PMT#{0} version:{1} failed", _pmtSendCounter, pmtVersion);
                    _refreshPmtTable = true;
                    _lastPMTVersion = -1;
                    _pmtSendCounter = 0;
                    return true;
                  }
                }

Now the AC3 sound is recorded correctly.
    I don’t now if this change works in every case but it works fine on my computer and on the channels I have recorded

/Fjonson

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom