[Bug] Bug ”svn-1.1.7.28095”: Can´t stop recording after show is scheduled to end. (1 Viewer)

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
January 12, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have my recordings set to record 10 min after show ends, but if I press stop-recording button inside these 10 min,
I just get the recording-menu.
Hope you understand what I mean.
This bug is in svn-1.1.7.28095 and later (and some time before).

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have my recordings set to record 10 min after show ends, but if I press stop-recording button inside these 10 min,

Nope, not a clue.

It is almost certainly a problem with your system/database, but unless you provide logs, there is no chance anyone will bother to try to guess what is wrong.

Are you clicking on the 'stop recording' button on the MediaPortal UI, or are you pressing the 'rec' button on your remote? Honestly, there are so many interpretations to your report.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay, I was bored so I checked this anyway.

Scheduled a recording, and waited until I was in the post-record interval.

There was no 'stop record' button in TV home. This is because the channel I was recording was not the 'current' channel.

Tuned TV to the same channel I was recording, so I now had a 'stop recording' button in TV home. Clicked on it, got a warning dialog that the program was recording, and when I clicked to stop the recording, it stopped.

So, no problem here.

Unless of course you are doing something different.

[RANT] This is why we ask for detailed steps to reproduce the problem, and LOGS [/RANT]

Mark

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Nope, not a clue.

It is almost certainly a problem with your system/database, but unless you provide logs, there is no chance anyone will bother to try to guess what is wrong.

Are you clicking on the 'stop recording' button on the MediaPortal UI, or are you pressing the 'rec' button on your remote? Honestly, there are so many interpretations to your report.

Mark

I am clicking on the 'stop recording' button inside MediaPortal in the mytvhome-screen.
    (I don´t know any other way)
    Like I say in the title: “Can´t stop recording after show is scheduled to end”
    Sad that you don´t understand, hopefully someone else reports this bug, as it is not a problem in my system.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi nip.nyborg

As elliottmc said, please *post logs*. Even if we can't tell what you're doing by your description we might at least be able to follow what is happening in the logs. It is *really* easy to post them if you use the watchdog - info in our wiki -->here<--. Posting logs is a rule for reporting bugs and support threads for exactly this reason.

mm

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I am clicking on the 'stop recording' button inside MediaPortal in the mytvhome-screen.
    (I don´t know any other way)
    Like I say in the title: “Can´t stop recording after show is scheduled to end”
    Sad that you don´t understand, hopefully someone else reports this bug, as it is not a problem in my system.

Well, as I said in my second post, I tried this and it worked fine for me.

You are making the classic bug reporting mistakes, in assuming that because you see this happening, we will all be able to see it.

You say you get the 'recording menu'. Why not take a screenshot to show us? Maybe what you think of as the recording menu is not the same as we think of it.

I didn't check if you have your system information showing. Which skin are you using. It could depend on the skin.

Either way, post the logs.

Mark

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK here are logs, and one more try explaining.
    I schedule a recording in TV-guide, and as long as this show is on I can stop the recording, by pressing the “stop recording” button. But if I wait until the show is finish and the next show has begun, I can´t stop the recording by pressing the “stop recording” button. (I get another menu).
    I can stop it inside active recording.
    I am not sure about the svn 28095, but this is with svn-1.1.7.28114

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    (I get another menu).

What does it say? What options does it give you?

It gives me the options “This Program” or “until I stop”. Like when I press “rec” on the remote when TV is on.

I know this is going to be a stupid question, but is the EPG info in 'TV home' for the same channel as you are recording? Does the button actually say 'stop recording' or does it say 'start recording'?

I can't see anything in your logs to suggest that you are trying to stop a recording.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom