BUG: The,An, and non common words and Filtering System (1 Viewer)

FireSokar

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Im starting to notice in my collection now that its "425" movies when using filtering and numpad remotes. I have it disabled so that it doesnt remove the movies from the list but instead skips to that leter in the list. One problem with doing that when a movie is sorted its sorted by using the sort name. Examples are below:

other Boleyn girl, the
terminator, the
Empress and the Warriors, An

When using the filter option and numberpad on the remote pressing the number "8" which corrosponds to the letter T instead of jumping to the TUV etc etc it jumps to the first movie in the list with t, same with any other movie title which has the word after the coma, an example is below.

a bugs life
batman and robin
ant bully, the
chicken little
terminator

When pressing 8/T it now will instead of jumping to Terminator like it should since the list is sorted that way. it jumps to the first title as its read instead of sorted "ant bully, The" I hope I am able to explain this problem well enough you can understand it fforde its kind of late.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think the default remote control implementation doesn't use the sorted title.

Try the following:

1) Enable Remote Control Filtering again in the MediaPortal Configuration -> Moving Pictures
    2) Start MediaPortal and go to the moving pictures movie list
    3) Press "0" on the remote, this will activate the letter jump feature
    4) Press 8/T again to check wether it will jump correctly

More information can be found here.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It filters movies containing the letter.
    If you want to have it start with that letter, you will have to press 0 (zero) first. It will then use the cell mobile number pad style.
    pressing 0 8 will in turn filter movies starting with T or U or V or 8

Edit: damn, I have to remember to refresh after walking away... What Armandp said ;)

FireSokar

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    I tried using the 0 then 8 button it did the same thing jumped to ant bully, the instead of say Terminator.:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom