Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For series information in EPG Brownard added a fix to make it nullable.
    For ratings in series view I still see the problem. I added a IsVisible="{Binding Path=totalRating,Converter={StaticResource ReferenceToBoolConverter}}" without effect, so the TotalRating seems not null in case no missing information. Would be nice, if somebody can fix this quickly.

upload_2017-3-29_23-22-14.png

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, but I am using also MP1 TVServer (MPExtended plugin). Strange thing that I dont see this in WMC Skin.
    This can be simply because WMC skin was work in progress and lot of new features and corrections came in and were afterwards transported to other skins. It seem that this point happened after release of Pre2. According to Breese feedback it's fixed in latest build, means next release.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you guys don't have the problem the reason could be that I am not using the Native TVServer but instead MP Extended SlimTV plugin.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For series information in EPG Brownard added a fix to make it nullable.
    For ratings in series view I still see the problem. I added a IsVisible="{Binding Path=totalRating,Converter={StaticResource ReferenceToBoolConverter}}" without effect, so the TotalRating seems not null in case no missing information. Would be nice, if somebody can fix this quickly.

View attachment 188673
    I can confirm, that I still see brackets for series sometimes. If @Brownard fixed it for TV EPG in the past, he can hopefully also solve this. It's just a minor visual point though.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 the "program end time" is no longer visible in BV skin. This affects miniguide and fullguide. Especially in miniguide you can't see any longer how long the current program is running.

Was there a specific reason why it has been removed? I'd really like to have it back (GF complains, and I agree ;))
    01_missing_end_time.jpg 02_missing_end_time.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Was there a specific reason why it has been removed? I'd really like to have it back (GF complains, and I agree ;))
    Yes, the reason is the space and time formatting. In the beginning placed the start and end like "22:15 - 23:30". The problem is, if an program ends the next day or you move even back in EPG. In worst case it can look like this: "23.06.2016 22:15 - 24.06.2016 23:30". It's not even possible to put both in one label, because the format is not supported by converters. I can only place it into a StackPanel and start and end time scroll seperatey --> absolutely not nice.
    Vertically there is no space in BV for a second label.

My proposal is to make the time "formatable". If the start time contains the date, the end time does not need it from my point of view. There is usually no program running more than 1 day. The year is also not necessary, as the watch in top right corner shows it, is enough. If you are in January 2018 and the date of epg shows 24.12. it's also clear, that you scrolled back to previous year. As an result the worst case time would be like this: 14.05. 23:15 - 1:30
    This is also how other software handles it usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom