Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ge2301 ,

When recording multiple episodes of a show, the recording screen is consolidating these in one folder and displays the number of individual episodes. However, there is no distinction of a standard reording and a folder structure - see screenshot

View attachment 190444

Can the display be adjusted in such way that the folders are displayed differently?
    It's possible of course. The problem is only in ListView. Any idea how to distinguish? Would it be enough to have a small folder symbol in front of the "3"?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any idea how to distinguish? Would it be enough to have a small folder symbol in front of the "3"?
    One can imagine different approaches, e.g. another font. The folder symbol is certainly a good thing to add. MP1 is putting the thumbnails in front of the recording titles and therefore the folder symbol is used instead of the thumbnail. Currently we only display thumbnails for the selected list item, which in that case could then also be replaced by the folder symbol.

In the end it's not a big thing. Adding the folder symbol in front of the "3" (or maybe instead with the embedded content?) would IMHO be sufficient. It would be great if you also displayed the folder instead of the thumbnail for the selected list item.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When recording multiple episodes of a show, the recording screen is consolidating these in one folder and displays the number of individual episodes. However, there is no distinction of a standard reording and a folder structure
    I have my Setup TV for Series with a custom setting, this breaks down the shows into
    Channel / Series Name / Series Show Name
    Recordings 01.jpg Recordings 02.jpg Recordings 03.jpg
    Recordings 04.jpg Recordings 05.jpg

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The break-down is not a technical problem - clicking on the consolidated name gets you one level deeper. We are simply talking about a visual thing where the folder is displayed in the same manner as a standard recording with the episode count showing like a duration. The situation changes when switching to medium list view, yet the design is not 100% stringent.

Recording1.JPG Recording2.JPG

As I said above: it's minor. Generally speaking I would like to see a folder symbol with the same dimension as the thumbnail in each view. For the small list view a symbol (with an embedded count) instead of the episode count would be perfect.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @ge2301 , some more minor stuff ;)

After having finished watching a series/movie, the watch status remains at "partial" (see screenshot). There appears to be a progress calculation error, maybe a rounding issue.

WatchStatus.JPG

The effect is the same in all themes.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @ge2301 , some more minor stuff ;)

After having finished watching a series/movie, the watch status remains at "partial" (see screenshot). There appears to be a progress calculation error, maybe a rounding issue.

View attachment 190454

The effect is the same in al themes.
    Works perfectly here. @Lehmden did you face such problem?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Generally speaking I would like to see a folder symbol with the same dimension as the thumbnail in each view
    That is not possible, because the thumbnail width is variable according to the video aspect. I do not want to stretch the folder symbol, but leave it uniformed. Actually it's consistent as it is, because "small grid view" is intended for minimalists without images and icons. I could only imagine to add a small folder symbol. I'll try and show a screenshot.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Works perfectly here.
    Some more info:if I stop the watching shortly before the end of the file, the status is changing to wached (I have a 90% threshold). It's only if I let the player reach the end of the file that I am getting the effect.

This applies to a true client/server setup, i.e. not single seat, which I didn't test.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    did you face such problem?
    In Recordings section: yes, anywhere else: no.
    In recordings the "eye" is not predictable. Sometimes it shows "Watched" after playing only one second of the recording and sometimes it shows "partially watched" after playing the recording until the end...
    Recordings are not for "general" usage here. I only watch things from inside recordings that will be deleted instantly after watching. Some sort of "extended timeshifting" to be independent from program directors to watch what I want at the time I want...

Everything else is edited and transcoded and added to "real" media sources (movies, series or videos), that's why I didn't care about at all... But it's a not wanted behavior, probably call it a bug...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Proposal for Win10: currently the same font is used for watched and unwatched episodes. The only distinction is the watched icon behind the episode name. We could display the (un)watched episodes in a different color or maybe use bold chars.

FontWatched.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom