Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, finally it's working. MainEPG has now headlines and also NextProgram included:
    Unbenannt.jpg

@morpheus_xx
    I added 3 new label strings, that are added to strings_en.xml. As I posted before I don't know how they are translated with transiflex. So I believe you do it or tell me how to do it :)
    Changes are pushed here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/72bd3bc345409c931ba5a8b9fee2675fb83e6f33

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The gradient in the TV mini guide seems to have a margin of some pixels, so it looks like a blank border (especially seen by bright scenes)
    I found the cause for this problem: it is only present inside "large fonts" theme, this margin is the cause: https://github.com/morpheusxx/Media...n/themes/default-large/styles/Consts.xaml#L50.

I'd say we should simply remove it. Any objections?
    Ok, but did you check for side effects? I can not remember the usage of this margin and can not check it at the moment.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had to do some modifications to tv home screen, the margins did no longer fit to screen. No idea what happened between the last builds.

But even then there is an issue with overlapping "PiP enabled" text and the new "current program" label:
    upload_2016-3-24_20-17-27.png

The text itself is not very nice, so we could fix this by creating 2 new symbols for "normal" and "PiP". Normal could be a simple rectangle, "PiP" with and additional smaller rect inside? @ge2301 could you create such symbols? Could be either pngs or xaml graphics.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the margins did no longer fit to screen
    Which margins did not fit?

Now it looks not ok any more. The listview with background should be as in other TV screens until the red line.
    tv.jpg
    Why did you move it by 25 pixel to the right, this is exactly the distance it should be shifted back.
    Unbenannt.jpg

What I guess is, that the scrollbar caused a problem. In your screenshot you filtered for a provider, so no scollbar is visible.
    With scrollbar it should look as in my screenshot a few posts above. I think we just need to adjust the margins of the contentpresenter so the listview takes the same space with and w/o scrollbar.
    Edit: My guess is right, just checked it. With your change the same problem will be in opposite direction, when a scrollbar is existing.

The text itself is not very nice, so we could fix this by creating 2 new symbols for "normal" and "PiP". Normal could be a simple rectangle, "PiP" with and additional smaller rect inside? @ge2301 could you create such symbols? Could be either pngs or xaml graphics.
    Ok, I prepared 2 images in attached zip. They should fit well to the arrow symbols.

Attachments

• PIP_icons.7z
      3.6 KB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It can be corrected by doing following:
    In othercontrols.xaml a negative margin needs to be set for the DefaultScrollviewer:
    XML:
                <Grid x:Name="VerticalScrollBar" IsVisible="{TemplateBinding ScrollBarYVisible}" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1"
                    Grid.ZIndex="0" Margin="-15,5,0,5"
                    RenderTransform="{DynamicResource ResourceKey=VerticalScrollbarRenderTransform}">

In each Listview VerticalScrollbarRenderTransform with the inverted distance needs to be added:
    XML:
              <ListView.Resources>
                <ResourceWrapper x:Key="VerticalScrollbarRenderTransform">
                  <TranslateTransform X="15" />
                </ResourceWrapper>
                <CommandBridge x:Key="Menu_Command" Command="{Binding Path=Command,Mode=OneTime}"/>
              </ListView.Resources>

As a result the margin is always constant with or w/o scrollviewer. I've done this for Win10 and TE theme already in the past. As it effects all screens with right sided scrollbar, we need to check all of them incl. plugins. But this step is anyway necessary, scrollbars should not influence the size or position of the content.

If you revert your change, I'll push my changes.

Edit: I tried to check all screens and pushed changes. I can not check miniEPG, as the tuners are not recognized any more.

Regarding button change, would be good, if you implement this. I have only limited time tomorrow and then I'll have a business trip to Singapore :-(

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I took your PiP images and put them to all skins (default, BV, Titanium) (the commit can be seen as an example for defining style only once and using it in different skins with different margins)

upload_2016-3-25_10-46-17.png

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you prepare another icon for TE theme? @ge2301
    It doesn't fit well into the overall design with TE I think. For BV and Win10 it looks ok.
    Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom