Bugs around Myfilms .xmls (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

I'm trying this skin these days (I was using XFace till now), and all is going just fine... but MyFilms is driving me crazy... Two problems:

- In List and Filmstrip Views inside MyFilms, I can't see coverart (shot2.jpg and shot4.jpg). Inside a film, I can't see many of the info, and also I can't see coverart (shot5.jpg). As you can see in shot3.jpg and shot4.jpg, coverart is well configured, as I can see thumbs.

- I start MP and go to MyMusic. As you can see on shot1.jpg, coverart is working just fine in List View (also in Fimstrip View). Now I go to MyFilms (any section) and go back to MyMusic. As you can see on shot6.jpg, coverart is no more been shown in List or Filmstrip Views. This same thing happens on MyPictures.

Some considerations:

- I have this behaviour on v0.4.298 and also on last Beta v0.5.361.
    - I'm using last MyFilms plugin, 4.8.0b.
    - This is working well under XFace skin.
    - I asume this is not a common problem, because it's quite noticeable, and I can't find many people with this problem. In fact, I only found one post, here. In that post you can find something that may help. User z3us sent me his modified .xmls for MyFilms, ant they solved first bug, but second one is still present. I also attach here his files.

Hope someone can point me in right direction... :( I'd like to definetely switch to this astonishing skin.

------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ok... after comparing MesFilms.xml from original pack, and the one modified by z3us, I think I found the problem... It's impossible that .xml from original pack can show cover:

Code:
        <control>
          <description>Thumbnail with video playing</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>1020</id>
          <posX>28</posX>
          <posY>254</posY>
          <width>256</width>
          <height>380</height>
          <texture>#picture</texture>
          <visible>no</visible>
        </control>

visible no? I can see different errors inside xmls that explain many of the missing covers... So I asume no one is using MesFilms xmls from original StreamMP package with success...

Once found this, I must say I can't understand anything about the second bug. I can't understand how MyFilms xmls can break other MP sections, as MyPictures or MyMusic... ¿?

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
      shot1.jpg
      107.7 KB
    • shot2.jpg
      shot2.jpg
      98.7 KB
    • shot3.jpg
      shot3.jpg
      158.4 KB
    • shot4.jpg
      shot4.jpg
      115.2 KB
    • shot5.jpg
      shot5.jpg
      101.6 KB
    • shot6.jpg
      shot6.jpg
      100.6 KB
    • myfilms_xmls.rar
      30.6 KB

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just installed the new version today and I have exactly the same problem. Screenshot no 2 is how it looks right now. Even the same movie ;-)

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Great great movie, man... :)

As you can see, I've edited my first post to explain something I've found about this issue.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just so im sure I will include the latest MyFilms xmls into SVN, can someone confirm that attachment is indeed a fix for the above problem.

I got them from the MegaUpload link

Attachments

• myfilms.rar
      30.6 KB

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Just so im sure I will include the latest MyFilms xmls into SVN, can someone confirm that attachment is indeed a fix for the above problem.

I got them from the MegaUpload link

Those files are the same that I've attached on first post. They resolve bug 1, but not bug 2...

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    --------------------------

Ok. After reinstalling MyFilms 4.8.0, first bug is gone, too. So definetely, the only problem I see is the second one: Once you enter MyFilms, you can't see bigpictures in List or Filmstrip views in MyPictures or MyMusic.

bye!

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    XFace doesn't suffer from this problem... That's why I post here...

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

I still have bug 2 present in last 0.8.448 version... with default .xmls for MyFilms included with the package.

Anyone is using MyFilms and also MyMusic or MyPictures, with no problem in thumbs view?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom