Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Test Setup -
Windows 2003 Server, TV Engine 3 svn 12785, 2 x DVB-T, 1 x DVB-S
Windows XP Pro SP2 full updates, svn 12785, using MPA/MPV
Windows XP Pro SP2 full updates, svn 12785, using Purevideo/Purevideo
Gigabit network. Hardware mid spec. Usual patches.

Server side seems stable, it changes channels quickly, buffers fine. 'TV Groups' group order doesn't list correctly. Some minor channel name problems. Basically its great!

Client side not so good. Channel change time has improved for me since the last build I tried (svn 12752), its about 4-6 sec on the same card and 16-20 sec moving from card to card.

When showing the same channel for many hours occasionally getting a frozen picture with no sound that can usually be fixed by changing channel and changing back again.

Also getting seemingly random frozen picture no sound on channel change, this can usually be fixed by switching off the 'TV on' button and then switching it on again, this takes 55 sec. Sometimes the channel change freeze causes MediaPortal to lock requiring Task Manager or a Reboot.

Hitting pause then play to start timeshifting on any channel at any time causes MediaPortal to lock.

Radio does not work at all, choosing any station causes MediaPortal to slow to a crawl (this used to make MediaPortal lock requiring Task Manager or a Reboot in previous builds), it doesn't recover.

Does Timeshifting and Radio work for anyone with a network setup?

Just want to know if I am alone with these issues before posting bug reports, logs and graphs.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    In terms of TV experience, it's basically the same. Channel change it's about 4 secs on the same card (a little more if you made any timeshifting operation). Start a stream, start a recorded program or change to another card takes ~20secs.

Radio doesn't work because it can't find audio/video when tuning. Propably a signal problem, so I can't test it and compare.

Have the same problems with freezing, except for the pause problem. Pause works fine for me on Live TV Streams. Doesn't work on recorded tv streams tough., but doesn't lock MP.

I'am working on documenting some of the new streams time problem (the one taking 16~20 secs). The other are difficult to reproduce and colect usefull logs since they take quite some time to happen and are not as reproducible as the other issues.

I have the same feelling as you do. TV Server is working great, but the plug-in needs work. But I think that's the strategy, if you can call it so. Devs propably whant to make the hard part (server) works ok first. Then tackle the plug-in once the server has it's function and code base stable.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    >Radio doesn't work because it can't find audio/video when tuning
    Works for me (both single and multi seat)

>Channel change it's about 4 secs on the same card
    You might want to check zapping times with the next public svn build
    I (hopeffully) improved it a bit

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    frodo,

My radio problems are propably due to weak signal, so I can't test it. I don't have a good antenna, my TV comes trough the STB so I can't use the same antena for TV and Radio.

I saw some of your changes in the code and (hopeffuly) I'll be able to test them today. I'll them try to mix with some test code I was doing and see what happens.

Thanks for your work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom