Buy new PDA/Smartphone (1 Viewer)

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello!

I'm about to buy a new PDA or a smartphone...

I'm today using a K800i and need a navigator for the car, wireless e-mail and skype-capability...

I first looked at the FSC Loox N560 with intergrated GPS.. Seemed nice, but i don't want 2 devices to keep in my pockets...

Then i found the HP Ipaq RW6815 smartphone.. It doesn't have intergrated GPS, but everything else i need... a bluetooth-gps wouldn't be a problem... BUT the screen is just 2,7"... The loox has a 3,5" screen...

So i wonder if anybody here on the forum has used a RW6815 for navigation in a car... is the display large enough? How is the speaker in the RW? How is the speaker in the loox??

Witch one would YOU choose and why?

Other oppinions are also very welcome =)

Cheers

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i like the Asus P525 very much. :)
    Been using it since Nov. 2006 and am very happy with it.
    It has WLAN but no built in GPS but a bluetooth GPS works fine without problems.
    The 2,7'' display is absolutely large enough.
    Before that i used MS smartphone's which have a much smaller screen but were sufficient too.
    What i like most of the Asus P525 is that it's the perfect combination of a cell phone and a PDA because it has additional number keys so you don't have to fiddle with the touchscreen when dialing numbers.
    The volume is quite good.

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ah, ok... i'll take a look at that one =)

so you mean that the 2,7" display is large enough to read in a car then? The text doesn't get too small so it's hard to read? =)

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a Mio A701. It has a integrated GPS module. I'm using it for over a year now and I'm still pleased with it. It works perfectly with TomTom6 and iGo 2006. There are some good modified ROMS for it and it's affordable. The only feature it doesn't have is Wifi. There are SD cards with Wifi integrated though. They work with the A701. But I'm not sure if you can also put data on these cards.

The screen is large enough for navigation even from some distance the screen is clear and the sound good enough.
    Before this phone I've had a HP Ipaq 2490 PDA, a phone and a GPS module. I got tired of dragging all the stuff (including charging adapters for in the car) with me and bought the A701. The perfect solution at that moment (I wasn't using Wifi anyway, and will only mis it once a good remote control using WindowsCE5 for MP is ready :)). I've bought a active cradle for it (Brodit sells them for the A701) and I have Pioneer PB55 car stereo witch I can use for hands free calling in the car with bluetooth. I'm all settled :)
    It only supports WAP and GPRS by the way. Fast enough for me to check my mail.

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    too bad it hasn't wlan, because i'm gonna use it for skype =/ i also need to have a large memorycard for all my media..

jonxm05

Portal Member
    March 8, 2007
    Gadera
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi

I just did a some homework on this issue as a favor for a friend and after three days of reading reviews and specifications I came up with the ASUS P525. He bought one

That was a month ago and he has not stopped thanking me since. I go out and to buy one my self but not in the budget

Jonx

deebo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    nokia e70, have it, love it

not gps, but those can be bought

nokia n95 has builtin gps but its not as good as a separate module, and no qwerty input

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom