Bye Bye Showshifter (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Dear ShowShifter User,

As you may be aware already, the company behind ShowShifter has recently gone into liquidation. This means that all the assets belonging to Home Media Networks Limited will have to be sold, including the source code for its flagship award-winning product called ShowShifter, trademarks, domain names, etc.

Buying the rights to the source code of ShowShifter opens up many possibilities: for instance, you can indefinitely, and royalty-free continue to use ShowShifter for inclusion in your own products. You could use ShowShifter as a differentiator with your hardware product, or even continue ShowShifter as an end-user product. Naturally you are free to modify and extend the codebase as you see fit; after all you own it.

The original founders of HMN and creators of ShowShifter have come together in a new company BT&T Services Ltd (www.btandtservices.com) should you prefer to have the experts develop your modifications of the ShowShifter source code after you've bought it.

Interested?

You can get the prospectus with all the details here:

http://www.showshifter.com/request-prospectus.html

You could well be pleasantly surprised to find out that it is a lot cheaper than you thought!

ShowShifter is dead. Long live ShowShifter!

The ex-ShowShifter Team
www.showshifter.com

Poor guys, guess MCE, Meedio, BeyondTV, Sage and of course MediaPortal 8) took too much of the market and squeezed them out.

So, anyone up for purchasing their source code? :lol:

Sam

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I filled out the form because I wanted to see what would happen. I was presented with a PDF file that you can download HERE.

Offers of around £25,000 are invited for non-exclusive rights to the source code.

I am really suprised that this happend with these kind of stats.

ShowShifter is downloaded on average 18,000 times per month, with an estimated total
    of over 1.2 million downloads from www.showshifter.com alone. 10,000 additional
    installations per month come from a combination of PC magazine cover disk placement
    and OEM distribution contracts.

Some of the features that I think would be cool to have from the source code:

- Record direct to MJPEG, DivX, Windows Media, and any other DirectShow
    codec
    - UPnP server and client. A version of ShowShifter has been developed with full UPnP AV 1.0 compatibility
    - IP source filter – this component can be used to play streaming video from a
    network through windows media player, or any other DirectShow based
    application
    - IPTV version of ShowShifter. A version of ShowShifter that receives TV
    channels streamed over a network, allowing the user to view and record them in
    the normal manner.
    - ShowSender. A version of ShowShifter that encodes the user interface into an
    MPEG-2 stream, and sends it out over the network, allowing any device with an
    MPEG-2 decoder to pick up and display the UI (e.g. set-top-box, networked DVD
    player etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom