Calling NZer's - Vista 32, Freeview (H.264), Interlaced Channels (1 Viewer)

gavo

Portal Member
July 27, 2008
Hi All,

I've done a bit of searching through the forums but cant find anyone else posting about a similar issue, so I just thought I'd post to see if anyone else has seen this...

My main HTPC is running MP 1.0.2 with TV Server 1.0.2 (XP SP3). I have a laptop running Vista 32 Home Premium with SP2. I've installed MP 1.0.2 as a TV Client on my Vista laptop. I have installed the CoreAVC codec for H.264.

With EVR enabled (default), I can view the Progressive channels (1&2) fine, but TV3 (1080i) and the rest of the Korda SD interlaced channels appear "zoomed" I can only view a small region of the picture (but it otherwise plays fine) - its hard to explain, but if say the normal picture size is 100% - I am only seeing say 25%.

If I switch to VMR9 then I can view 1,2,3 (all HD) fine, but on the SD channels I get sound but no picture (just a black screen). I have fiddled with the VMR9 settings (non-exlucsive etc), but nothing seems to change this behaviour.

Interestingly enough, I installed MpTvClient 1.3.2 with VLC as the external player and all channels play - although TV3 is too choppy to watch (its fine in MP).

I'd like to use MP with the built in TV Client (which is way cool) if possible and so wondered if anyone else had seen anything similar and had any hints on what to try next.

BTW, I am not complaining - MP is O for Owesome - big ups and thanks to the developers! :)

Cheers all.

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I encountered a similar zooming problem to the one you describe, I was using coreavc at the time as well - I had quite a few problems with it messing up my aspect ratio with movies in MKV containers too. It was working OK for a while but one particular update caused it to only show 1 quarter of the video on the screen (the bottom right I think it was), zoomed to use the whole screen. I've since upgraded my HTPC and have a ATI video card capable of doing hardware h264 decoding so I'm using the PowerDVD codec and the problem's gone away.

What video card are you using? Have you tried using a different codec?

gavo

Portal Member
    July 27, 2008
    I've since upgraded my HTPC and have a ATI video card capable of doing hardware h264 decoding so I'm using the PowerDVD codec and the problem's gone away.

What video card are you using? Have you tried using a different codec?

Good call! I've switched to using the PowerDVD codec and now I can view all channels. The laptop only has an Intel 965 Express chipset - but seems to handle it ok (its a dual core CPU tho).

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom