Calling UK DVB-T Freeview users (1 Viewer)

psyco

November 3, 2006
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Can anyone confirm they have a working Media Portal setup? Using the latest daily builds of MP and TV Engine.

With...

• Working Freeview TV channels, able to change channels and have it not go wonky.
  • Working TV guide, from over air DVB-T.

Or is it not quite ready yet? It would be good to hear some feedback from UK users.

I seem to have it working but the EPG doesnt download, changing channels often gets it stuck on timeshifting and going stuttery, and I'm working on windows service problems.

Kind Regards,

psyco

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If youi want something "stable use 0.2.1"

Do not use the new TV Engine as Beta.

I'm using MP 0.2.0 + SVN from 2nd, but use WEBEPG for EPG.

Any problem's your experiencing, try doing a search, ie Stuttering tv and see if you find any answers.

If not start another thread headed with your particular problem, and use the hardware template and any logs neccessary to help with your setup.

Thanks

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    channel viewing works fine for me on UK DVB-T.
    channel zapping is much faster for me than on the old tv engine.

epg doesn't work for me though, and a few others, but this is being discussed on another thread

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Wait a little longer unless you realy like to test software.

As of the last two days the Tvservice builds have become very unstable for my system tests .

The service will not cleanly stop/start and the mere hint of timeshifting crashes the service, requiring a reboot.

This is a shame as prior to this stabiltiy was exceptional for early release software.

Jake m

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    i use the svn from 29/10/06 with out the tvserver and have no problems at all. the epg has always worked from the dvb-t stream. but now i use web-epg allowing me to use the analogue function of my tv card.
    i would suggest that you make sure you have a strong signal from the antenna

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    i use the svn from 29/10/06 with out the tvserver and have no problems at all. the epg has always worked from the dvb-t stream. but now i use web-epg allowing me to use the analogue function of my tv card.
    i would suggest that you make sure you have a strong signal from the antenna

Your flag indicates you are from the USA, the comments in this thread are for UK.

If you are UK residient atm and using the UK freeview broadcast could you confirm.

Also which Tvserver svn are you using?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Your flag indicates you are from the USA, the comments in this thread are for UK.

Any thing Jake m say's is relevant if wherever he is has access to DVB-T signal with an EPG transmission as part of the stream, and this also applies to Europe and Middle East and Australia (if there broadcasters ever get there act together).

Agree with the signal comment, but alway's found the over the air EPG a bit hit and miss, that's why i recommend WebEPG as very quick to set up from it's own config file (MediaPortal folder).

Jake m

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    yup in in the UK. maybe i should update my 'flag'. but then again isnt anonymity the point about online forums?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    My post was for a simple confirmation of what server svn and which broadcast signal .

No where in my post did i say anything about 'irelevant'

Jake m

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    ah, i tried the tv server from the 29th October and had issues with changing the channel on my hybrid card from digital to analogue. so i uninstalled it and am using mediaportal on its own. but i can confirm that i had no issues with the digital side of the card and had webepg working.

unless your actually streaming the tv from an actual server to another pc then i would recomend you use mediaportal on its own

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom