Calling UK DVB-T Freeview users (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Thanks for the confirmation.

I have absolutly NO PROBLEMS with the standard MP and the DVB-T EPG grab from the broadcast is perfect.

The problems are atm with the TVserver and its particular DVB-T EPG grab from the broadcast .

psyco

November 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    SciDoctor: standard MP? You mean 0.2.1.0?

Do I need TVServer to watch TV? I only have a single PC setup. Jake, you said I can use MP on it's own, does it support DVB-T without TVServer?

tox

October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You only need a build with the TV server if you want to stream the output from your tv card over the network to another pc. If you don't have another networked pc then stick with 0.2.1.0 or an svn that was created before the implementation of the TV server.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    SVN's are not dependant on the TVServer engine, being installed at the moment.

Like all Beta programs use at your own Risk, and try and initially use default settings. especially if reporting BUGs.

Remember 0.2 + SVN, which may display on the splashscreen 0.2.1.

But the latest are back, showing the svn revision number as well.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Standard MP(any stable release or SVN release of MP 0.2.x.x) works well and uses the MS stream buffer engine, all TV recordings are in DVR-MS, no network streaming of TV is done or available.

TVServer is a stand alone service that is in a BETA release stage, the benefits are the ability to access the TV via network streaming. TV recordings are in MPEG programe format .
    A client modification of the standard MP release is needed to access the TV Service.

If you are wanting stability and ease of use stay with the standard MP release.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I can't even get the server to tune in all channels for some reason. It appears to miss the whole multiplex that the Five channels are on for a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom