Can a skin be mod. with a GUI? (1 Viewer)

metoHTPC

Portal Member
November 4, 2005
THe Hague - Netherlands
Hello,
The number of skins is still rather small. I would like to make my own skin, made especially for touch screens. However, can I only modify a skin using the xml files? I mean, no simple gui available?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm wondering if the main MediaPortal website is need of a overhaul?

The information that he is looking for is available in the forums but it seems like a) new (or potential) users haven't searched very much, b) some of these same people haven't used the proper search keys and have come up empty with search results, c) just thought it easier to ask (and ask forgiveness for being a noobie later - seems like a gen-x characteristic) and get teh answer rather than look for it. There maybe others but these come to my mind.

OK - Here is your answer: Yes there is a skinning editor.

edit: I see scoop provided the link for you.

P.S. The tirade wasn't pointed to any one person, just in general I have seen questions like this many times and that is why I am thinking that if the information is not easily viewable then people will start asking questions to try and understand and learn.

metoHTPC

Portal Member
    November 4, 2005
    THe Hague - Netherlands
    Thanks, and yep, I might be a bit lazy. If I search for a simple question and it takes to long, I ask. In my experience, I will need my time to solve difficult questions, which aren´t answerd on a forum.
    Second, the skin section is a bit tucked away on the main forum.
    Well I´ll try to make it up to everyone by creating a real touchscreen skin. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems with Mediaportal2 and both have been fixed quickly by forum members. I am very impressed by both the forum and the quality of the Mediaportal2 package. Keep up the good work and thank you to all that...
    To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    So most probably it was your ip blacklisted and cleared again. Some websites are blocking for hours and some are for days. Ok then, enjoy :)
    So most probably it was your ip blacklisted and cleared again. Some websites are blocking for hours and some are for days. Ok then...
    Hi everyone. My name is Kivanc and I am the developer of Tempest EPG Generator which is a single php file xmltv formatted epg...
    Replies
    Views
    Oh, wow...that easy :rolleyes: That was indeed the missing part, I see the icons now (y). Thanks for the help.
    Oh, wow...that easy :rolleyes: That was indeed the missing part, I see the icons now (y). Thanks for the help.
    Hi there, I'm trying to modify a skin and want to add a watched icon to the listcontrol of the episodes, similar to the Titan or...
    Replies
    Views
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom