Can get audio but no video/tv in fullscreen? (1 Viewer)

rozan

November 15, 2006
hi all,

i have a weird problem ... I'm trialing MP on XP Sp2. I have audio but am unable to get video or live tv to display in fullscreen. The decoding is working correctly (I assume) as I can watch the video or tv in the small "preview" window however when I attempt to switch to full screen output the screen goes blank and I only get audio?

any ideas?

cheers - Neil

SuAlfons

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi!

I have had a similar issue and setting a slightly different Aspect Ratio (within the settings plugin, GUI Calibration,if I remeber correctly) did the trick. In older versions, the XML-file containing the calibration often would be corrupted, setting the Aspect ration to scale TV in to something like 1:160000000 ir so :).

Hope it helps,
Stefan

Alvinder

Portal Pro
May 19, 2006
I had the same problem. The problem was fixed when i went back to the default setting for the fonts. That is the font size.

Try changing them.

Sqoerk

November 13, 2006
/dev/home/room3
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey There,
I also had the same problem. I fixed it when i dumped my old DVB-T card. I had serval problems with my Hauppauge Nova-T, cause it was an older release. I would be glad to get this card back if it wasn't the problem :D

MfG

rozan

November 15, 2006
hiya,

thanks for the tip on the aspect ratio .. it worked however the system crashed before I could exit properly. Now I can't get it to work again - it sounds like that xml maybe trashed. do you know where to locate it?

cheers - NJ

rozan

November 15, 2006
ok .. after a bit of mucking around with the screen calibration .. i managed to sort it out. thanks for all your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom