Can I mark a movie from media portal GUI? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The GUI of Media Portal is great, however sometimes when I import a movie (usually automatically) it isn't correct and I want to go into the config of Moving pictures to clean it up and make sure that it is set right, maybe even change that is displayed in media portal or change how the movie is sorted. I know that I can delete a movie from the GUI, but does this mean that it is deleted from my hard disk? Is there a way to "mark" the movie that I need to clean up so when I go into the config setting of moving pictures I can easily find it. I usually find these problems when I sit down with the family to watch a movie and nothing kills the night faster than Dad trying to cleaning up his files on the computer when everyone else just wants to watch something.

Thanks

Steve

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The GUI of Media Portal is great, however sometimes when I import a movie (usually automatically) it isn't correct and I want to go into the config of Moving pictures to clean it up and make sure that it is set right, maybe even change that is displayed in media portal or change how the movie is sorted. I know that I can delete a movie from the GUI, but does this mean that it is deleted from my hard disk? Is there a way to "mark" the movie that I need to clean up so when I go into the config setting of moving pictures I can easily find it. I usually find these problems when I sit down with the family to watch a movie and nothing kills the night faster than Dad trying to cleaning up his files on the computer when everyone else just wants to watch something.

Thanks

Steve

You could abuse the personal rating system for a 'tag' system. Where if you give movies a rating of say '1', that you can then combine this with a filter/category that shows all movies with a personal rating of '1' later on. The config does not have any filtering abilities yet (it is being worked on), but at least you can then see all the movies you tagged and write them down, so you can fix them.

Another way is to make sure that things go correct during import. It adds extra work, but if you rename your filename to include the IMDb tt-ID number then it will be imported faster and will always be 100% correct. I usually fire up google, type in imdb and part of the movie title, this then gets shows me the correct movie and then without even visiting the result, i double click inside the google results onto the "/tt....../" part of the green URI. This will then auto highlight the IMDb tt-ID, which I then CTRL+C and CTRL+V into the filename. Or just make sure that the NFO file that goes along with the movie has the same ID info inside.

For fixing afterwards, you can go inside MovPic config to find the movie and sent it back to the importer. Even if it auto-approves wrong again, you can then while inside the importer screen adjust and correct to the right one. Either by selecting a different one via the drop down box (even when it is auto-approved), or by using the binocular icon to correct. Of course this then means you will have to do that everytime you import, so adding IMDb tt-ID to filename would be a better solution. You can rename a file while it is already part of your collection and then sent it back to the importer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom