Can i use this old laptop? (1 Viewer)

L

lingus

Hello everyone, i have been lurking for a couple of weeks now and just want to ask a quick question.

I have a old Dell Latitude C800
256mb
40gb hdd
p3 700
XP
S-video tv out

I want to try my hand at a pvr maybe buying the hauppauge PVR-USB2 capture box and the recording programs then playing them back through the s-video connector.
Does anyone think this is ok to do or would it be best to try and save up to buy a itx system or something, i don't have alot of space hance my idea for the laptop and money is non-existant at the mo too :(
Comments appreciated.

Thanks
J

L

lingus

I guess not then :(
I was looking for the specs of MP bit culdn't find them.

Thx

pacoma

Portal Pro
March 22, 2005
Wil
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
you can't use the Laptop becaus you must haver XP SP1 or better SP2 and the 700Mhz was to must. take one who have 1000 or more.

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
pacoma said:
you can't use the Laptop becaus you must haver XP SP1 or better SP2 and the 700Mhz was to must. take one who have 1000 or more.

Noone told me! I am running xpsp2 on a 500 and a 667! Will my motherboard be worn out?

/nic

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    lingus said:
    i don't have alot of space hance my idea for the laptop and money is non-existant at the mo too :(
    Well, if you already have the laptop you could just install MP and see if it works and how it performs. If it works OK for you you might consider buying the PVR USB2 or maybe you can borrow one to try before you buy. But for me using TV (with timeshift) seems to be the most CPU consuming part of MP, so you might want to think twice before buying the external TV card.

curtis-craig

Portal Member
    February 5, 2005
    a few days ago, i talked to somebody from hauppauge about usb dvb-t cards. he said, the nova-t usb2 wont work with usb2 because it's an usb2 device. so i think it's same with the PVR-USB2 but I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom