Can Media Portal record online videos? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just came across this plugin and it looks pretty cool. The problem is that we have a very slow (although "high Speed") DSL connection to the internet. Normally when we watch on line videos there is a lot of pausing to buffer. Could I use this plugin along with media portal to record on line videos, but not the buffering times so when I played it back later it would be smooth?

Thanks
    Steve

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Can Media Portal record online videos?

Online videos offers the option to download the selected video (not live videos ofc). Just open the context menu of the selected video and select download. Often you are asked for the quality of the video (up to HD 1080p). Select the resolution you like to DL, hit OK and that´s it.
    If DL is ready, you´ll find the downloaded video in the last item of the OnlineVideos list "Downloaded Videos".
    Have fun ;)

MarcoC

January 11, 2011
    Apologies for jumping on to this post, but I wonder if anyone can assist me with a related problem? I cannot get the Download option to appear in the Context menu. I have set a download folder in the configuration to no effect. I have searched for a solution for this, and even removed and re-installed MP. Can anyone suggest where I could look?

Five minutes after posting for help I realised I have to step a stage back from actually watching the video to have the ability to download it. All sorted now, thanks.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Online videos offers the option to download the selected video (not live videos ofc). Just open the context menu of the selected video and select download. Often you are asked for the quality of the video (up to HD 1080p). Select the resolution you like to DL, hit OK and that´s it.
    If DL is ready, you´ll find the downloaded video in the last item of the OnlineVideos list "Downloaded Videos".
    Have fun ;)

Thanks for the help. Is there a way to limit the video sites to a certain language. I wish I spoke lots of languages, but only speak english :-( Anyway to set this so I specifically get the english sites? Is that not really how to use this plugin?

I'm kind of new to online videos so I am not sure how people are using them. Can I watch movie? Can I watch TV shows? Is it just a bunch of faces yelling at the camera screen? Just looking for more entertainment that I can squeeze out of media portal.

Thanks

Steve

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Can Media Portal record online videos?

Ofc all is configurable. Just open the configuration in MP Config > Plugins > OnlineVideos and make your personal selection. I think you will be overwhelmed from the variety it offers ;)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks again. So under the configuration section for Ofc, each site has a language associated with it. When I change it to en (for english) it does not change the site to english in the player. Is it supose to?

Steve

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The language that is associated with a site is an attribute which states what the main language for a site is, so changing the language is not going to translate the site...
    However, you can use it to easily disable sites in languages which you don't understand/want to listen to.

Also there is a reported issue to make the filtering even more user-friendly here.

2001kx

Portal Member
    February 14, 2011
    i cant set up a download folder.
    i made a download folder but when i try to download it says to set up a download folder in config?
    any help on how to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom