Can moving pictures use internet shortcut to ID a movie? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I have the most recent non beta moving pictures and love it, but as I add more movies I started using a program called "the Renamer" to change my movie titles. With the renamer, the movie's name can include the date (yyyy) at the end, but not the IMDB tt number. the renamer will create a internet shortcut to the correct tt webpage, but moving pictures does not seem to take advantage of this link to identify the movie.

Is there a way to have moving pictures do this? I would also be open to learning how to make the renamer put the tt number at the end of the movie, but as of yet, I have to manually add it with takes a lot of time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello everyone,

I have the most recent non beta moving pictures and love it, but as I add more movies I started using a program called "the Renamer" to change my movie titles. With the renamer, the movie's name can include the date (yyyy) at the end, but not the IMDB tt number. the renamer will create a internet shortcut to the correct tt webpage, but moving pictures does not seem to take advantage of this link to identify the movie.

Is there a way to have moving pictures do this? I would also be open to learning how to make the renamer put the tt number at the end of the movie, but as of yet, I have to manually add it with takes a lot of time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

MovingPictures can rename movies for you as well, and supports the IMDb tt-ID, so why bother even using "the Renamer"?

And if you make "the renamer" put the IMDb tt-ID inside an NFO text file, even if that file contains nothing else, then MovingPictures can use that info via the simple NFO option.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the help. the nfo solution seems easy for me, but could you point me to how to use moving pictures to rename movies as maybe I could get this to work and make things even simpler? I used the renamer because it is very simple so if there is a simple explanation for how moving picture renames stuff I'd go with that as I am not that computer literate.

Thanks for the help

Steve

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Steve

Having a quick look, it looks like you go into the Movie Manager tab, select the movie and select the drop down next to the cog icon on the right. The option "Rename" and then "Rename Files and Folders" will show you before and after before you accept and rename the file.

The settings that control what goes in the file name can be found in the About tab and under the "Advanced Settings" button at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down the list to Extras - File Renamer.

Hope that helps

Mew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom