Can MP use WMC's Netflix Plugin? (1 Viewer)

Brewtal

Portal Member
July 24, 2010
Howdy All,

First off, I love MP and don't want to be discourtesy to Coyote or anyone else.

I've use Windows Media Center and I MUCH prefer MP. But I do like the Netflix Plugin from WMC.
Is there anyway that MP can use this plugin?

Thanks for all the great work!

Brewtal

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey Brewtal,
    No, the WMC plugin will not work.

I'm not sure if you read any of the other threads in the forum, but I am hard at work on the 2.0 version. If you could be a little more in depth of your statement "But I do like the Netflix Plugin from WMC" maybe we could include some of the features you like. MediaPortal is all about the community and we can do just about anything we like (and do it quicker) :)

I dont use WMC so I have no idea what features it has/doesnt have, so it would help to post some screenshots if possible.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Brewtal

Portal Member
    July 24, 2010
    Thanks for the reply Wile E. And sorry for the delay in responding, life happens.

The things I like about the WMC Netflix plugin are that the play/fwd/rewind functions are mapped to those keys on my Remote and the arrow keys can get you around very easily.
    My kids use it alot and it's easy for them to get around.
    I'll maybe try to get some video and post it when time allows.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Wiley,

If you have an xbox or pretty much any other device that's netflix certified, the MCE Netflix plugin looks and works exactly the same.

I actually got it to launch using the shortcutter plugin, but I couldn't get it to exit back to MP. It always started MCE up on top of MP.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Sorry it wasn't shortcutter... It was multi-shortcut or something like that.

I found an application that launches the MCE Netflix program from an XBMC page that I've configure to launch from my basic home. Here is the thread. It's even got an INI file to configure specialized key presses to exit it. I have everything working perfectly except no matter what I do, I CANNOT get a remote button press to issue the correct key command to exit the MCE Netflix plugin.

HIGHLY irritiating. I've tried custom remote mappings and IRSS. Nothing works. I'm so close but so completely far away from making it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom