Can not watch tv from remote clients (3 Viewers)

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Option two would be to assume the timeout theory is correct, and try to give the server more time to do what it needs to do. This is probably easier than the first option, but again, it does make the assumption that the timeout theory is correct. The mechanism for giving the server more time is to add/modify one of TsReader's settings. TsReader's settings are stored in the Windows system registry. I've attached a zip file containing scripts that should enable you to make the change fairly easily:
    1. On the remote client, download and extract TsReader_RTSP_registry_settings.zip to a convenient location.
    2. Close MediaPortal.
    3. Run (double click) the "set_2_seconds.reg" file to make the change. You may have to click "yes" to accept security warnings.
    4. Open MediaPortal and test whether TV works.
    5. (To undo the changes, close MediaPortal and run "reset_to_default.reg".)

I'm having similar issues, and I've noticed that your "reset_to_default.reg" is not setting the default, it's setting it to 2000 milliseconds, rather that 500 milliseconds.

There's also another key "RtspFileTimeoutInMilliSeconds" which is set to 2000 milliseconds, unless I changed this I seemed to get the "Unable to play error " just as quickly. Looking in the logs it also appears that "RtspFileTimeoutInMilliSeconds" has a max value of 10,000 milliseconds, and the other one a max value of 2000. I was setting them both to 20 seconds and wondered why I got the unable to play error come up quickly.

Anyway setting them to their max values still didn't fix/workaround the issue so I'll try the UNC option.

Last edited:

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I've just set my two tempermental PC's to use the UNC option, only time will tell as my issue was quite random, hopefully it will fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom