Can recorded TV shows with Media Portal be imported with MP-TV? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,

So I looked at the Wiki, read the FAQ, and searched this thread, but cannot find what I am looking for. I was hoping that MP-TV could be used for the TV shows that I record and watch (futurama, project runway, the daily show). When I try to configure the TV Server and set a custom value for the file name, I can get all the important data except the season. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Steve

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Steve,

The solution is actually thetvdb.com part of the SchedulesDirect plugin... that's why I enhanced the SD plugin in the first place... to be able to have MPTVSeries be able to import shows automatically.

Basically, with thetvdb.com part of the plugin enabled, every time you add a scheduled recording or do a guide update, it triggers a lookup on all shows you are going to record and gets the season and episode information (SxxExx) into the guide.

At that point, you can change the naming of the files that MP creates for it's recordings to include the "%episode%" tag.. like this:
    %title%\%title% - %episode% - %name%

The %episode% tag will contain the SxxExx (say S04E12 for Season 4, Episode 12).

Here's the wiki for the plugin: SupportForTheTvDbCom - mp-schedulesdirect - Project Hosting on Google Code

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I cannot believe that I didn't see that in the scheduledirect plugin wiki. Thanks for the help and that is so awesome that the sd plugin will do this. Thanks again for the help.

Steve
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom