Can some clarify - Standby while recording?? (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can clarify something for me :)

I am running MP1.1 (latest SVN) on a single seat W7x64 HTPC

If I set a program to record, what should happen when I press the standby button while its recording?

I would have expected/hoped that the HTPC would stay on until the recording finishes and then standby??

Thanks,

J.

Ignore me....

There have been some recent posts about this and the use of plugins versus powerscheduler.

Thanks,

J.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    depends on OS but fairly sure under Windows7 pressing the standby button will send the machine into standby.

MS have designed Vista and Win7 this way to prevent a user running out of battery on a laptop when they have asked to go into standby but some process is stopping it. There is an away mode in Vista and Win7 but powerscheduler does not use this.

Best option is to never put your machine into standby. I just leave it to time out itself.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

The two options I have found are:

1) Configure my "standby button" on my remote not to turn off the HTPC (but turn off TV and surround), but return it to the home screen. Then configure PowerScheduler (client) to allow standby after lets say 10 minutes, but only when on the home screen

2) Utilise the new GMPS plugin for all powermanagement.

At the moment I'm trying option 1 - I like to keep as much of the install as "vanilla" as possible (for stability and support reasons)

Thanks,

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom