Can´t find all DVB-S-channels (1 Viewer)

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
November 8, 2006
Sweden Sweden
i just got my DVB-S-card to work... I use it with the Astra/Hotbird satellites at 28,2 degrees east...

I did a scan of channels at this satellite, but didn´t find all channels... It´s about 200 channels missing... Including the BBC channels =/

I find all with a Nokia Mediamaster 9802s...

what can i do?

edit--

The card also says that it´s full signal strength, but no signal quality...

funkychicken

Portal Member
November 10, 2006
This is a common fault with the 0.2x

First thing to perform is the following.

Make sure you perform multiple scans. One at 7 AM, one at 3PM and one at 9PM. This is so that you pick up the maximum channels that were off-air during the previous scan.

Even after the above, you will find you are missing a number of channels during a channel scan. BBC 3/4 etc.

There is no automated way with MP to detect these channels, even with an updated transponder list it doesnt work. I dont know what the technical reason is but I have learned to live with it. :(

The solution to this problem is to add the missing channels yourself. This is easily achieved one of two ways.

1) Install a different DVB software on the same machine as a temp solution (I used DVBDream). Update the transponder list and perform multiple scans at the timeperiod I mentioned above. Once you have performed these scans, you have the information you need to add the channels to MP manually. Add the channels in MP Config using the parameters found in DVB Dream.

2) Install MyTheatre and perform the channels scans, do this at the timeperiods I mentioned above. Once you have the channels discovered in MyTheatre, search for the MPChannelImport tool on DVBN and you can import the channels listing from MyTheatre into MP directly (Delete all channels from MP first though).

Hope the above helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C 1.25.0 mini Splashscreen - how can i change it MediaPortal 1 Skins 2
P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
M TV Server can't tune to some DVB-S multiplexes while other software can General 0
TLD Can not watch tv from remote clients Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 19
morpheus_xx [Help Me!] Where can I find source code for MPUrlSourceSplitter? Developer Discussions 3
M Can i use my Vu+ Zero 4k Tuner for Mediaportal? General 0
T Neue Treiber Version 3 für TV-Karte Digital Devices Cine C/C2/T/T2 V7 TV / Streaming 6
lisag Can I get MP1 to open in the Recorded TV screen? MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
bribbon [Pending] Switzerland: DVB-T switch-off on 03 June 2019 Submit: EPG-Grabbers and tuningdetails 0
C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
P [solved] TV server no longer saving to NAS - (can still play from NAS) General Support 2
Jean-Christophe MP 2.2 - Where can I find Movies NOT imported (and why??) ? General 13
H MP1.21F video database scan, can it be scheduled to automatically run in background General Support 5
E [solved] No Live TV in MP2.2 Client - Can TEST Successfully in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" utility General 8
N [solved] How to record a series (UK Freeview dvb-t) General 10
N What dvb-t/t2 dual or quad tuners work with media portal (in the UK)? Newcomers Forum 8
T Can I switch off 'audio description'?....(Watchdog error too) General Support 2
A Help! MP2 - DVB-T Not recognised (DRIVERS?) General 12
DarkOrje [solved] How can I integrate more news feed in MP2? General 5
D MP2 - V2.1 2-disc set: Both discs combined in movie library, but can only view disc 2 Older releases 27
J Clock speed vs multi-core CPU's Can MediaPortal benefit from multi core cpu's? General 0
M Scan channels stopped working on Windows 10 Installation, configuration support 1
C How well can MediaPortal handle 10,000+ recordings? MediaPortal 1 Talk 3