Can Watch Video via Web Browswer but Not in Plugin (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If that service really only works by only providing different DNS servers, then the questions is: does the browser access the webpage by DNS name? Does your siteutil in Onlinevideos do so too? Or are you using the IP directly? If you are also using the DNS name, it would be interesting to know on what IP the DNS resolves in Onlinevideos (you can write a quick logline for it) and to what it resolves from windows command prompt.

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    offbyone; the browser is not set to use a proxy by itself. The DNS switch has been implemented on my main router. Everything on my network should be using the same DNS servers.

I guess the confusing part is how is it working in my browser?

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I tried to follow the network traffic when watching a show on hgtv.ca and got the same URL from theplatform.com which was geolocked.

I am out of ideas. Sorry.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Maybe can help Wireshark logs from browser and from OV. I assume that there will be some differencies between browser requests and OV requests.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only thing I could think of would be IPv6 - if your network your ISP and the site you're accessing supports it, then they go around the DNS resolution from IPv4.

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Well, thanks anyways everyone.

This is pretty well beyond my skills and if you people are stumped I don't stand a chance.

I'll check back for any upcoming updates to OV to see if my results are any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom