Can we get the old style OSD back? (1 Viewer)

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just tried the latest SVN.

The new OSD style seem to be a step back. The Blue OSD right in the middle of the screen really detracts from the Video or TV that I'm watching.

For example, when I try to fast forward or rewind, I cannot tell whats going on behind the OSD...

I like to have the old style back if possible.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Can we get the old style OSD back?

I'm also not so happy with the new OSD in the middle. Maybe some transparency of it or move the middle OSD to top right corner can be solutions :confused:

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Yep, exactly what I mean... I think users need to be able to see what's going on in the video when fast forwarding or rewinding, and the new OSD is really taking away from that... I guess Pause in the middle is fine, but still I prefer the old style.

J

joostzilla

Yep, exactly what I mean... I think users need to be able to see what's going on in the video when fast forwarding or rewinding, and the new OSD is really taking away from that... I guess Pause in the middle is fine, but still I prefer the old style.

We will have a look at it. Thanks for commenting on this matter. :)

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I see in the latest SVN 365 that the OSD background is made more transparent.

This helped a little but I would still rather see the FF, RW, Pause, +15sec...etc info where the progress bar is instead of being in the middle of the screen. I think this would give the cleanest GUI.

Also, when you press Up or Down to jump 10% or jump back 10%....the OSD is just a blue background in the middle (no words)...which is just awkward.

J

joostzilla

:(th
    I see in the latest SVN 365 that the OSD background is made more transparent.

This helped a little but I would still rather see the FF, RW, Pause, +15sec...etc info where the progress bar is instead of being in the middle of the screen. I think this would give the cleanest GUI.

Also, when you press Up or Down to jump 10% or jump back 10%....the OSD is just a blue background in the middle (no words)...which is just awkward.

thanks, we are already working on that.

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    The svn 378 update looks GREAT!!! Thanks for the great work.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Can we get the old style OSD back?

This new osd (svn 378) is beautiful again. Like it much more than before.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That new version of OSD is not final, is it? I mean, the text is just placed somewhere on that bar and does not have an own box as it used to before you tried that "in the middle of the screen" thingy. Please make it more fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom