Can you group movies? (1 Viewer)

Husky

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
There are now grouping the possibility movies?
Example: Select Rambo and then all the films are (Rambo Part 1, 2, etc.). displayed.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There are now grouping the possibility movies?
    Example: Select Rambo and then all the films are (Rambo Part 1, 2, etc.). displayed.

You can do that 'now' by enabling collections and adding a dynamic entry for collections. Then you will get a collection entry 'Rambo' and all related movies will be listed. This is supported by the TMDb scraper which is the default for most users. Obviously there is also IMDb+ which was partly designed to fix this problem by renaming the titles to 'group' them.

If however you are after grouping inside the "All Movies" list, then you will have to wait longer.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    There is also the IMDB+ scraper which can automatically set the name of movies on import, it already has a very big database of renames, and the Rambo movies are in that database as.

<rename id="tt0083944" title="Rambo: First Blood I" />
    <rename id="tt0089880" title="Rambo: First Blood II" />
    <rename id="tt0095956" title="Rambo: First Blood III" />
    <rename id="tt0462499" title="Rambo: First Blood IV" />

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this with further changes. I've checked the models and there are no variables, that could be easily called.
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this...
    MP2 is great, but I‘d rely one change. I can have optional help texts, which are nice for a first time use, but then do not have...
    Replies
    Views
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom