[Usability] Can you help to make the Anysee E30 tuner work with MP? (1 Viewer)

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Started on: 2010-05-17
    last update: 2010-05-17

Summary: Join forces to make the Anysee tunercard work with MP without using MDAPI.

Area: TV

Description: In the Netherlands there is only one Cable company who allows the use of digital tuners that are not supplied by them self. They have an enormus market share in the Netherlands so I think a lot of MP users would like to see this fixed.

I started this thread because I want to stop the discussion about MDAPI and start working on a real solution. I can not believe that you guy's can not build anything so we can use this tuner legaly without the need for MDAPI.

I am no programmer myself, but want to offer my help to try/test and implement anything what will help. But first we need to find programmers with some spare time who can realy add something to this issue.

We need to bring those clever guy's and girls together to see what they can come up with.

So please if you can help let me know in this thread so I can make a list and bring you together.

:D

Contact list:
    • fmulders: owner of one Anysee E30 who wants to get it working without MDAPI.
    • your name?

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And BTW, if you want the anysee natively supported (which it the ultimate solution) you have to bug the developers of the anysee for a decent SDK.

The current has virtually no documentation and is of no use to the MP devs, even the other TV applications have stated that they can not implement it with that SDK.

Mithrandir

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm afraid the SDK documentation could be due to lack of English in the Anysee Dev Team.. ;) Don't think that will change.
    (The few documents and help functions that are available are full of grammar errors). I've been to South Korea and English is nothing there.

I've tried to contact Anysee a few times on this but sadly no response.

On the CI+ Story; As riksmith said thats not relevant at all here. It's not related to the decryption at all.
    What will be a problem is when Ziggo starts to enforce CI+ requirements fully..then everyone not having a Ziggo STB or CI+ TV will be screwed :) This would be the end of Mediacenters in NL untill CI+ is hacked/worked around...

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm afraid the SDK documentation could be due to lack of English in the Anysee Dev Team.. ;).

Well if they would supply decent SDK in korean we could at least use google translate. Now there is nothing to be found.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    This would be the end of Mediacenters in NL untill CI+ is hacked/worked around...

It doesn't need a hack, it needs to be implemented properly. I don't think it is impossible, but since all kinds of encrypting an safe tranfer / storage needs to be ensured (like DRM) it could be difficult (if not impossible) to implement it in an open source project.

Perhaps with the new PBDA standard of Microsoft it will be possible, that is designed to bring content protection to the PC. But that standard is huge to implement in MP (if not impossible). Also that would need HW which has drivers for it (which will be there in the future) and implements the CI+ protocol.

PBDA would require at least protected video and audio paths. Such wont happen with the open source applications, unless there would be whole rendering path (for audio and video) implemented as closed source components and some signing as well would be required to allow those components to be loaded in a protected audio / video path.

At least:

TsWriter - closed source, encrypt content on write or write encrypted content from the stream.
    TsReader - closed source, decrypt content on playback
    Audio decoder - I guess commercial one would be enough
    Video decoder - I guess commercial one would be enough
    Video renderer - closed source
    Audio renderer - closed source

Also some HW would be required to be approved by the CI+ parties / organization. And most likely the whole chain software + hardware would be required to be approved to gain the required key to allow decrypting.

In short, almost impossible and I personally wont take any part in such development. There is some sort of limit how much sh*t I can take from the content owners :D

What will probably happen is that MS will at some later stage implement CI+ to work with MCE itself. So, if you want use MP or some other open source please start lobbying to get rid of CI+, I mean it.

getting off topic, mods please feel free to move the CI+ talk into new thread.

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I removed the CI+ remarks from the first post because it has nothing to do with the problems around the Anysee tuner.
    Are there any korean speaking members here? If so, will someone try to ask the supplier in Korean about the PDK. Maybe we have more luck then.

Still no developers who like to see there name in the first post?:(

Mithrandir

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    tourettes:

Can't agree more there.

To be honest i think no one is pro CI+ other then the content providers.
    Even the cable companies here don't seem to be particularly in favor of it but still implement it due to the pressure from content providers.

For me, the moment CI+ is enforced(e.g. Cable company blocks channels unless the receiving device is certified) is the moment i drop all my additional TV packages and stick to the base content only. Something everyone should really do ..

I've done some initial testing using the analog loophole (Provider STB + HD Fury (HDMI->Component stripping) ->Hauppauge HD PVR -->Mediaportal and that seems to work quite well, though not nearly as good as using digital TV cards as i'm doing now. That's because the Hauppauge with MP isn't 100% stable and you need to use IR blasters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom