Canadian sites based on the CTV platform now available (1 Viewer)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi folks,

The following Canadian sites based on CTV platform are now available will be available soon:
  • CTV.ca
  • CTV News
  • CTV Local News
  • Discovery Channel Canada
  • The Comedy Network
  • Space
  • Bravo!
  • Bravo! FACT
  • Fashion Televison
  • TSN
  • BNN
Since I am a rooke C# coder (offbyone, thanks for your help, along the way), I'm expecting a few features to be broken here and there. Specifically, I know of a few sites in the above list which have content at varying submenu levels. Coding those sites to behave properly is beyond my technical expertise at the moment.

Please be aware that these sites are likely geo-locked to Canadian IP addresses.

Enjoy and cheers.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
The following Canadian sites based on CTV platform are now available will be available soon:
For the impatient, you can use the attached .zip file and unzip the .dll into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos directory. After that you should be able to go into the Plugin configuration for OnlineVideos and import it from the global site.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.Sites.corporategadfly.zip
    7 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That dll will be downloaded when you add the sites that are all already available from the global list (SiteManager inside MP from the hidden menu) - so no need to unzip it?

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep, I can confirm that it downloads the dll when you update sites in MP itself. I'm kinda new to OnlineVideos and was expecting it to update the dll when I was in MP config when I updated the site list there... but I needed to go into MP after, update again and it prompted to restart MP. All good.

Sarlan19

Portal Member
    January 18, 2011
    Hi guys,

I don't know if it's the right place to post this but here it goes !

I can't seem to get tsn working. I get the Unable to play file. No URL. error almost everytime.
    I know it's not a codec issue since it worked last night for about 30 min. I could watch my hockey highlights :) Go Habs Go !
    But this morning i get that error again.

any clue ?

thanks !

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi guys,

I don't know if it's the right place to post this but here it goes !

I can't seem to get tsn working. I get the Unable to play file. No URL. error almost everytime.
    I know it's not a codec issue since it worked last night for about 30 min. I could watch my hockey highlights :) Go Habs Go !
    But this morning i get that error again.

any clue ?

thanks !
    Sorry for the late reply. Been away from the HTPC (it's in heavy use by the kids :D). I did manage to logon to the machine once to retrieve some logs. I think the errors are originating from RTMPLib (which might explain why it works some times and doesn't at other times). Is it possible for you to post some logs?

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom