Cannot activate analog part of hybrid tv card (1 Viewer)

mvermand

Portal Member
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
Windows Version: XP PRO sp2
CPU Type: P4 2gHz HT
1. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro* Stick Digital
1. TV Card Type: USB stick
1. TV Card Driver: Pinnacle systems 4.6.208.0 (8/02/2006)
1. TV Card Device Instance ID: USB\VID_EB1A&PID_2881&MI_00\6&29F7A5D9&0&0000

Hi, I have this Pinnacle hybrid usb tv card and when I open MP setup I get to see this card at Television > Capture cards, but I can only configure/scan the digital part of it. :(

I have Pinnacle MediaCenter and WinDVR3 installed.
Those programs both find all channels correctly.

How can I configure/scan the analog part of my tv tuner in MP?

Thanks a lot!

Michiel

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
are you using TVE2 or TVE3? (the standalone program or the one with a client and server parts?)

mvermand

Portal Member
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

I do not know about TVE2 or TVE3. I just installed MP 0.2.2.0 without any additions. No server too, just the one (client) app.

Any ideas :confused:

Thanks

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    if you are not sure then it's pretty certain you have the TV engine v2 as this comes with MP. The v3 needs to be downloaded and isntalled separately.

V2 will only pick up cards that have been programmed into the capturecarddefs.xml file. There is a sticky thread on what you can do to get your analog card included in this.

Otherwise, if you install V3 of the tv engine then it will recogniseany cards that Windows can see. There's a bit more fiddling getting v3 to work, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

Bear in mind that the analog part of a hybrid card is never usually very good. It's a software card, which relies on the CPU to do all the hard work.
    If you really want to watch a lot of analog TV you are much better off getting a dedicated hardware MPeg2 encoding card, like the Huappage PVR150.

mvermand

Portal Member
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    still having trouble

Hi,

I installed the tvserver 0.3 but I did not get past a lot of errors saying audio/video pin not found. I uninstalled the tvserver and start playing around with grapEdit and figured out a config so the internal tv setup now finds my card (see bottom).
    It scans the channels and finds them correctly. Though the window at the left side stays black all the time. When I start MP and try to use tv it says no signal detected.
    In the error file I find:

2007-06-10 08:52:29.718750 [ERROR][MPMain]: Control has invalid animation type
    2007-06-10 08:52:34.140625 [ERROR][7]: SinkGraph:FAILED to connect Encoder->mpeg2 demuxer:80040217

What do I need to do to get this fixed?
    Any ideas are welcome!

My addition to CaptureCardDefinitions.xml:

<capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro* Stick" capturename="PCTV Hybrid Pro* Stick Digital Capture" devid="vid_eb1a&amp;pid_2881&amp;mi_00">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="tvtuner" name="PCTV Hybrid Pro* Stick TVTuner" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="tvaudio" name="PCTV Hybrid Pro* Stick TvAudio" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="crossbar" name="PCTV Hybrid Pro* Stick Crossbar" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="PCTV Hybrid Pro* Stick" checkdevice="true"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="4"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom