Cannot get a fully populated UK Freesat EPG (DVB-S) (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the rescan I had two "Food Networks". I had to delete the old one manually and add the new one. Shame MP2 couldn't recognise the change by itself.
    That's not a MP2 problem but an issue of the TVServer plugin., hence the same for MP1.

There is a checkbox for handling "moved channels". I suspect that you did not tick this before scanning, which explains why you now have double channels.
    Another problem are name changes. Assume you have a channel "TV Old" on a certain frequency. If this channel is renamed by the broadcaster to "TV New", Both MP1 and MP2 will still display "TV New" as "TV Old". However, if you then enter the channel details you will find that the name has indeed been changed to "TV New".

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    There is a checkbox for handling "moved channels". I suspect that you did not tick this before scanning, which explains why you now have double channels.

Thanks for the tip! You're right - it wasn't ticked, but it is now :)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using these settings do you get EPG data for all or some of the channels I listed in my first post? I'm guessing not, since some of them are free-to-air, but not on Freesat. I'd be interested to know which you do and dont get data for using the Freesat info channel.
    I do get EPG for most of them, there are a few channels that I don't have (5spike+1, Craft Extra, MotorsportTV I think), and a few that I have, but don't have EPG for (Travel Channel, Travel Channel+1, TruTV,)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Thanks for the tip! You're right - it wasn't ticked, but it is now :)
    You will need to remember to reselect it each time you scan for channels, as the setting is not remembered between one invocation of "TV Server Config" and the next. Also, if you scan more than once (e.g. because you have both DVB-S and DVB-T), you will need to reselect it for each scan.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Mr Whippy

Portal Member
    June 18, 2019
    Home Country
    All of the FTA channels at 28.2°E are on Sky so there's not much point using Freesat too. Are the missing channels matched and saved in the XmlTv plugin's Mapping tab?

Broadcasters have to pay to be on Freesat and Sky, last year Freesat changed how they charge broadcasters so that the fees are linked to the number of viewers. Channel 4's fees went up and they decided to withdraw All4 and Channel 4 HD. 4Music left Freesat a few weeks before them, which might also be related.

You'll only be able to get now and next data by ticking the individual channels on 28.2°E.

If you want to try EPG Collector, I posted a basic guide here. The next steps would have been to pick the correct ITVs for your region in EPG Collector and schedule EPG Collector to run by itself with Task Scheduler.

I've no idea if you're saying C4 HD works or not.

But I've scanned in WMC and in MP2, and they both get C4 HD... and previewing/watching it's clearly HD vs the SD version.

I've not got my fplug connected to my test machine tonight, but I'll do some tests tomorrow to confirm 100% by taking some info from the recordings (res/bitrate etc)

c4hd.PNG

Cheers

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom