Cannot get DVB EPG...no matter what (MP 1.2) (1 Viewer)

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am at a loss....No matter what I do, I cannot get DVB EPG. I am trying to get Dishnetwork EPG using the EPG grabber following all steps that I have read about here in the forums. Can someone help me trouble shoot what's going wrong?

I read that (1) I have to set up the DVB card to grab EPG:

DVBEPG.jpg

(2) For Dishnetwork which sends EPG on only a few channels, all you have to do is setup grabbing and save EPG for only those few channels...Channel 200 for 2-day guide, channel 239 for 9 day guide. I have tried both channels individually and selecting them simultaneously. In this example, I am trying channel 239.

selectWGN.jpg

(3) I then go to "manual control" and start timeshift for that channel and press "Refresh DVB EPG". It looks like it is doing something. I let it go for about 2hrs.....even overnight.

grabbingEPG.jpg

But after trying for several days and multiple installs/uninstalls/reinstalls, NO EPG no matter what. I have tried restarting service and everything. I also see no evidence that the EPG is saved anywhere...at least I don't know where its saved.

Noguide.jpg

Something tells me that I am missing something obvious....can anyone help me or point me to what I am missing?:oops:

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Sorry about not posting logs....I was pretty sure it was user error or I was not doing something so I figured it wasn't necessary to post logs.:oops:

However, your suggestion seems to be making a huge difference!!!!:D So far, after about 30 mins, the guide is slowly populating...I will let it go for a couple of hours. Great progress!!!

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmmm... couple of hours does still not sound very good to me... i was more thinking of a couple of minutes that it should take. But it seems to work. That is the most important thing.

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    As a followup, I spent the last few days trying to fill the holes in the EPG. There were lots of channels that gave "no data available", but there were also lots that had several days guide and lots with current/next program EPG data only. Apparently, Mediaportal has some problem with the way it handles the NID and TID data and lots of channels are scanned in with either the incorrect or null values for those in several of the channels. I have been running queries in the database to fix them, and there was a learning curve involved. Still not perfect, but getting closer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom