Cannot get grabbing EPG from DVB to work (1 Viewer)

Salmoneus

Portal Member
January 27, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a DVB-T card installed and working, but I don't see any EPG information. I have checked my tv channels in the EPG grab config, do I need to do anything else?

Any guide to get this working?

/Salmoneus

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TVServer\General, try enabling fill holes etc, do not enable epg grab whilst timeshifting, also maybe up the timeout from 10 to 12.

How long has TVServer been running this may take upto a hour (extreme), but no more.

If you wish to see what TVServer is doing, then you might be interested in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tus-icon-plugin-now-standalone-app-too-24773/

Just put a shortcut in the startup folder.

Salmoneus

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have tried the "enabling fill holes" and increased the timeout to 12, and the tv server monitor says "grabbing epg" constantly, except for when I'm in the settings program.

How long does it normally take? I only have 6 channels from a single dvb-card.

/Salmoneus

btw, what does the "enabling fill holes" setting do?

Salmoneus

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Got it working!

It took a long while, but now it's working. Beats me why it takes so long for just a few channels. Hope I don't load epg for all disabled (pay) channels?

:D

Shadowless

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    What did you have to do to get your EPG to work? Currently I can only got 6-7 days for 70% of channels, me thinks I have to re-do a scan at the end of the week to get next week's EPG information. My EPG works as I get mine through the DVB.

Salmoneus

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TVServer\General, try enabling fill holes etc, do not enable epg grab whilst timeshifting, also maybe up the timeout from 10 to 12.

I did that, dunno if that's what fixed it. If I had waited for a couple of hours initially, it might have worked without those settings.

/Salmoneus

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What did you have to do to get your EPG to work? Currently I can only got 6-7 days for 70% of channels,

7 days epg is pretty normal, for Australia don't know about getting epg for all channels broadcast, the usual advice is, if it works on a settop box then it should work with TVServer.

There's a few post knocking about regarding "Australia epg" so i suggest using search function on those 2 words.

Users who are viewing this thread