Cannot get mysql sever to install properly (1 Viewer)

Bruce Wayne

November 17, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi mm1352000,I have tried disabling all security software using task manager apart from the firewall(agnitum outpost).Then tried starting the database connection configuration dialog and still connection failed.msql is running in task manager.So what next do I try.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The firewall is the one piece of security software that is most likely to be causing this problem. If you haven't configured it correctly and you won't disable it then the connection will continue to fail.

Bruce Wayne

November 17, 2015
    Home Country
    mm1352000 I have taken drastic action and deleted mp from my pc exported the registry and deleted all traces of mysql.Then reinstalled using mp1.12.The tv sever actually works now, but now the mp splash screen crashes when it gets to the loading plug ins dialog and says windows need to check for a solution to this problem then goes back to desktop.I've attachd the log file for you to see.Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That seems to be caused by the BBC Weather plugin that you've installed, which is presumably not compatible with MP 1.12.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Bruce - BBC weather plugin is no longer supported [sadly it was excellent in its day[ and changes to how BBC formats it's data means it will not work - absolutely not work - since MP1.6 or MP1.7. Disable the plugin, then remove via 'MediaPortal Extention Installer'.

User WorldWeather or WorldWeather Lite [one or other, not both, they cannot co-exist] from Micropolis [THE weather plugin god], for UK weather recommend use MSN service.

Cheers - JCMP.

Bruce Wayne

November 17, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi ,i've uninstalled bbc weather the only problem i have now is the epg will not work. Has anyone any ideas?Thought it maybe a firewall issue but have gave the permission to allow all activity so i thought it should work

Bruce Wayne

November 17, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you. got it going.now is it possible to change the skin whilst keeping the other to change back to if you dont like it.Can itbe done from within mp if not how do i change it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you. got it going.
    Great. :)

now is it possible to change the skin whilst keeping the other to change back to if you dont like it.
    Yes, of course.

Can itbe done from within mp if not how do i change it.
    Yes, you can change the skin from within MP:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ation/Settings/2_GUI_Settings/1_Skin_Settings

I've always done it through MediaPortal Configuration as shown here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...diaPortal_Configuration/13_GUI#Skin_Selection

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom