Cannot Play either ABC Digital Radio Stations (1 Viewer)

diggerd

Portal Member
February 26, 2009
Hi all,

Have not posted here before so I hope I provide enough info. I have searched the forums and faq but cannot find any answers.

I have a problem in that neither of the two ABC Digitasl Radio Stations will play in my system (ABC Dig Music and ABC Jazz). All other tv stations (including ABC stations) and radio stations (SBS) all play fine.

Have reloaded drivers and rescanned but no differece.

Sometimes I get the message that say "no video/audio detected" but other times the play counter just keeps on playing as if all is OK, but not audio is heard.

Any advice welcome.

Have attached log file.

Cheers

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Quad- 2.66
HDD:
Memory: 4gb Kingston
Motherboard: Azeus P5Q
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Winfast DTV2000H
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.0.112.3223
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: fddshow audio decoder
h.264 Video Codec: fddshow video decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi diggerd

I would suggest you try using the FFDShow audio codec instead of the MPC one for MPEG/AC3 audio. You can find that setting in MediaPortal configuration in the "codecs and renderer" section on the "TV Codecs" tab. If that doesn't work, then please make a 30 second recording and upload it to our FTP server. The details can be found at the bottom of this page. Be sure to name the file appropriately.

mm

diggerd

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    Thanks MM

Tried the FDDshow with no luck.

Silly question, but how to I record the radio? Cannot see any obvious fuction in my system for this.

Cheers

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again diggerd

Silly question, but how to I record the radio? Cannot see any obvious fuction in my system for this.
    Hmmm, I'm not 100% certain with 1.1.3 as the radio section had been a bit neglected and has been spruced up for 1.2.0. Try going into the radio guide, right clicking on a channel (in the program area where presumably it will say "no data available" since almost nobody has radio guide data), and see if the record function is listed there. If its not, you can always start listening to the channel then copy the timeshift file from the timeshifting folder on your HDD.

mm

diggerd

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    Thanks. Got the recording and have attached.

Seems that I can play the recorded file through VLC media player but still cannot listen or play the recorded file in mediaportal.

Attachments

• Info at_ abc.net.au_jazz - ABC Jazz - 2011-08-01_1.zip
      216.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again diggerd

I'm able to play your sample perfectly in 1.2.0b. Perhaps it is the fact that I'm using 1.2.0b instead of 1.1.3, however I'm more inclined to believe it is codecs. Remember that *all* TS files are played using the TV codec settings. I use AC3Filter version 1.63b (free :D - link), but FFDShow also works *as long as you use libavcodec for "MP1,MP2"*. FFDShow's libmad doesn't work, and neither does the "MPC - MPA decoder filter" that comes with MediaPortal - put that down to a stream format peculiarity I'd say...

mm

diggerd

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    Thanks mm

Have installed the AC3Filter codecs and that has fixed the problem

Thanks for your assistance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom