Cannot play movies at all when Moving Pictures is enabled! (1 Viewer)

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Greetings!

I made a clean installation of MP 1.1.0 today. I tested so all movies worked and it did. After that I installed StreamedMP. I configured Moving Pictures (importing my movies to the database).

After that I cannot start playing movies. Neither by Videos or Movies menu options. I then decided to disable all the plugins associated with Streamed MP and then it worked again. So after some testing I have come to the conclusion that as soon Moving Pictures plugin is enabled then I cannot start to watch movies (the problem: as soon I am clicking on the movie to start watching it dim out a bit and then nothing happens)

The same problem occurs if I am using BlueWide skin instead of SteamedMP. As soon the Moving Pictures is enabled then I can't play the movies. This worked on earlier versions of StreamedMP/Moving Pictures/MP

So I wonder if there are anyone out here that have the similar problem or has solved this one?

Sincerely!

/Thrilled

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There is a known issue with the latest version of the MediaInfo library that causes some very long delays for movies on a network drive, so this is a possibility. Although I wouldn't expect this to cause delays only with Moving Pictures unless the videos you tested were only networked only when in Moving Pictures.

Anyway, can you please attach debug log files? We can't really help if we cant see what is happening on your system.

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Thanks for the reply fforde!

I didn't submit the log file in case this was a known problem or there was a know fix for it. However since it doesn't seem to be that I will of course provide you with the log file.

The problem is:

If Moving pictures is enabled then I cannot start any movie at all nor tv series. When I enter Movies then I choose a category. After that I select the movie I want to watch, I click to get the details of the movie and then I click again to start the movie. At this point it gets a bit "greyed" out and then nothing happens. I have left it in this state for 10 minutes and still no start of the movie. It appears to me that it simply do not start MS Mediaplayer at all.

The movies I am trying to start to play are all located locally on the MP computer. So no network drives.

Thanks for the help!

/Thrilled

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Sorry my link for info on how to create debug log files was broken above. Do you think you could post another set of logs, but in debug log mode? See here for more info?

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Ahhh I see...sorry for that!

Here comes a logfile in debug mode.

Thanks in advance!

/Thrilled

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thrilled, can you post both the mediaportal.log and movingpictures.log please. A Zip of all the logs would even be better.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Thrilled, can you please try something for me? You said that while this playback issue occurs in both MyVideos and Moving Pictures, you feel the presence of Moving Pictures is the root cause. This is what we are going to try to verify:

1. Verify that Moving Pictures is currently installed and enabled.
    2. Completely shut down and restart MediaPortal.
    3. Open MyVideos.
    4. Attempt to play a movie that in the past has not worked.
    5. Wait up to 60 seconds and if playback does not start and/or MediaPortal has frozen, force close.
    6. Place your movingpictures.log and mediaportal.log files in a ZIP file labeled "With Moving Pictures.zip".
    7. Open the MediaPortal config and disable Moving Pictures.
    8. Shut down the config and reopen MediaPortal.
    9. Open MyVideos.
    10. Attempt to play the same movie as you tried above.
    11. Wait up to 60 seconds and if playback does not start and/or MediaPortal has frozen, force close.
    12. Place your movingpictures.log and mediaportal.log files in a ZIP file labeled "With Out Moving Pictures.zip".
    13. Post both zips here.

P.S. Sorry for the delayed response, my last few days have been a bit busy.

thrilled

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2008
    Thrilled, can you please try something for me? You said that while this playback issue occurs in both MyVideos and Moving Pictures, you feel the presence of Moving Pictures is the root cause. This is what we are going to try to verify:

1. Verify that Moving Pictures is currently installed and enabled.
    2. Completely shut down and restart MediaPortal.
    3. Open MyVideos.
    4. Attempt to play a movie that in the past has not worked.
    5. Wait up to 60 seconds and if playback does not start and/or MediaPortal has frozen, force close.
    6. Place your movingpictures.log and mediaportal.log files in a ZIP file labeled "With Moving Pictures.zip".
    7. Open the MediaPortal config and disable Moving Pictures.
    8. Shut down the config and reopen MediaPortal.
    9. Open MyVideos.
    10. Attempt to play the same movie as you tried above.
    11. Wait up to 60 seconds and if playback does not start and/or MediaPortal has frozen, force close.
    12. Place your movingpictures.log and mediaportal.log files in a ZIP file labeled "With Out Moving Pictures.zip".
    13. Post both zips here.

P.S. Sorry for the delayed response, my last few days have been a bit busy.

Hej Fforde!

Thanks for the reply!

Yes it appears quite well that the movingpictures plugin is the root cause for my problem. I tried several skins and it works all the time on all skins to go to myVideos and play a movie IF moving pictures is disabled. As soon I activate moving pictures then I get the error.

[*]Verify that Moving Pictures is currently installed and enabled.
    [*]Completely shut down and restart MediaPortal.
    [*]Open MyVideos.
    [*]Attempt to play a movie that in the past has not worked.
    [*]Wait up to 60 seconds and if playback does not start and/or MediaPortal has frozen, force close.
    [*]Place your movingpictures.log and mediaportal.log files in a ZIP file labeled "With Moving Pictures.zip".

These above steps are exactly what I have done with the submitted file in my previous posts.

I will create new log files with moving pictures disabled as per request. You will have them soon.

*PS Posted them now DS*

Sincerely!

/Thrilled

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom