Cannot preview channels in TV Server (1 Viewer)

matthewpowers

January 20, 2010
I seem to be having a problem no one else is and for the life of me, I can't figure out why...

I am using a Hauppauge 1800 on Windows XP SP3. I have tried Mediaportal 1.0.2 and 1.1 beta1 (the released version, not latest svn). I am using Cable which has analog channels on the lower frequencies and digital clear qam on the higher frequencies. I am able to scan and detect channels on both the analog and digital inputs. However, in the digial channels, they all come up as "Unknown xxxxxxx" ATSC channels. Some of them are channels I get and some are scrambled, so in an effort to weed out the scrambled channels I'd like to preview them one by one in the TV Server.

Here's where I hit the big problem: nothing happens when I hit preview in the TV Server channels window. I select a channel, hit preview, the button looks like it clicked, but absolutely nothing happens. As far as I can tell, this problem may be unique to my system as most people have the opposite problem: channels play in the preview, but not in MKediaportal itself. My channels play fine in Mediaportal.

It does look like some errors are coming up in the tv server logs and I've attached them to this post. In the error.log I see this:

2010-01-19 18:59:25.531250 [SetupTv]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

with more lines after it that you can see in the attached log

and in tv.log I see this:

2010-01-19 19:30:36.390625 [SetupTv]: Exception in setuptv
2010-01-19 19:30:36.390625 [SetupTv]: System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs

I see this every time I hit preview.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have exactly the same problem after a new installation of MP 1.1b and last SVN on a new windows 7 install (on an SSD drive).

The error is the same..

Any ideas?

Worked before... but I passed through many SVNs... could this be the problem?

Edit: checked out and I'm pretty sure I've installed all requirements (vc redist, ecc.) correctly.

Edit: found the problem. Win7 decided I had to use medium size fonts and this caused the problem. You have to use small fonts for tvserver preview to work.

matthewpowers

January 20, 2010
    OK, changing the font back to normal fixed the preview problem (except that most channels don't display properly...I see the channel fine for a few frames, and then it turns into an unchanging color pattern...).

Thanks for the help!

Now my question is, to quote the great(ly in debt to the IRS) Nicholas Cage: Why "in the name of Zeus's BUTTHOLE!!!" does the font setting in Windows have anything to do with previewing a channel in the TV Server??? Is this a bug? Or is this somehow intended behavior?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom