[TV] Cannot restart the same channel when it was stopped (1 Viewer)

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We've had the same bug report for the radio side of this for months with no resolution. This is starting to get irritating. What I want to do with my PC doesn't work in XP and live TV doesn't work with Win7, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place now, so could someone PLEASE figure this out.

I will tell you though, this is specific to Windows 7. My XP test machine does not exhibit this behavior which leads me to believe it's a permission issue somewhere with win7. I'm running MP 1.1B with the 12/24/09 SVN.

I'm going to disable UAC and see if that makes a difference, but in the meantime my logs are attached.

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
Disabling UAC has no effect.

Ok, with UAC disabled and changing the provider of my TV card from Generic to ATSC, I have not been able to replicate the error. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens.

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
Seems as if the "unknown error" is gone now, but changing channels is ridiculously slow. When it does change, the last frame of the previous channel is displayed for a solid 5 seconds and then the channel changes.

jaymode

Portal Pro
July 31, 2008
Home Country
kkozma,

Did you change anything other than disabling UAC and setting the tuner type to ATSC? When I try to set the tuner type to ATSC, I get an error when trying to build the graph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom