Cannot select installed codecs (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Hi,

A few days ago I upgraded to the latest stable version of mepo along with SAF v4.00 on WIN7 32, Now I can't select most of my installed codecs in mepo configuration, Purevideo is missing but is still available to be configured, I've since uninstalled SAF but the problem remains.
Installed XVID and DIVX after I noticed this problem and both are not available for selection but are installed ok and can be configured.
Also Filmerit found no problems.

Is there anything I can do to get them to show in the dropdown list ??

Thanks............

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Cannot select installed codecs

Normally you have to reinstall SAF after an update of MePo (as described on first page of SAF thread ;)

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Thx for the reply,

I installed mepo then SAF thats when I noticed that I could not select most codecs, So I uninstalled SAF to see if that would solve the problem but it didn't help, If I install any codec now eg DIVX or XVID etc they do not show in the dropdown box so I cant select them but their configuration settings are available.

Regards.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Thx for the reply,

I installed mepo then SAF thats when I noticed that I could not select most codecs, So I uninstalled SAF to see if that would solve the problem but it didn't help, If I install any codec now eg DIVX or XVID etc they do not show in the dropdown box so I cant select them but their configuration settings are available.

Regards.

Hi.
    Are you sure they are registered correctly? Check it by graphstudio.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Hi Hoborg,

Just checked XVID and DIVX in Graphstudio both are installed correctly and all details are available, they still dont appear as an option in Mepo config though.

Regards.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    OK....Think I'll do a full reinstall, hopefully that will fix it.

Thanks for the help.

tom78

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Cannot select installed codecs

Just to be sure, yuou are using Windows 7 x86 and not x64?
    I have a similar problem with Windows 7 x64 and the K-Lite x64 codec pack including ffdshow.
    In MePo i can't select ffdshow. When i remember right, then MePo has a problem in addressing the x64-codecs.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: Cannot select installed codecs

Just to be sure, yuou are using Windows 7 x86 and not x64?
    I have a similar problem with Windows 7 x64 and the K-Lite x64 codec pack including ffdshow.
    In MePo i can't select ffdshow. When i remember right, then MePo has a problem in addressing the x64-codecs.

That is not "problem", you simply cannot use any x64 filter in x86 application.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Yep, Using win7 x86.....The reason I wanted to try XVID/DIVX is that I was getting real bad stuttering on horizontal panning in .avi files, Just tried the latest FFDshow tryout and playback is as smooth as silk, So I think I've got a good compromise.
    It's irritating that I can't try those other codecs in Mepo though.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom