Can't activate plugin My Films 5.0 alpha (1 Viewer)

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,
I'm trying to use the plugin My Films 5.0 alpha in MP 1.2 Beta with the last StreamedMP skin.
It doesn't work or at least I don't know how to activate it.

If I unistall the StreamedMP skim, then the plugin My Films works perfectly with the MP 1.2. Beta default skin.
I would appreciate very much some help.
Thank you in advance.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Can't activate plugin My Films 5.0 alpha

Hi,
    I'm trying to use the plugin My Films 5.0 alpha in MP 1.2 Beta with the last StreamedMP skin.
    It doesn't work or at least I don't know how to activate it.

If I unistall the StreamedMP skim, then the plugin My Films works perfectly with the MP 1.2. Beta default skin.
    I would appreciate very much some help.
    Thank you in advance.
    Afaik there is currnetly no skin support in streamedMP for MyFilms 5 (that is not yet released).
    If you have problems, post log files - otherwise nobody can guess what's happening.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, we haven't got around to adding support for My Films 5 yet but hope to work on it soon (Just so many things going on right now).

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Zorg
    As Guzzi clearly states in his PM for alpha testers, which you received:
    Skin Support included is Default and DefaultWide. There are some other skins out there, but please make sure to verify issues with default skins, so we can reproduce them here.
    May I politely ask why you would ever think you could use a community skin during an ALPHA test?

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    May I politely ask why you would ever think you could use a community skin during an ALPHA test?

Sorry, I didn't know it. For months I've being used to use My Films and StreamedMP together, and I thought I could have a try and see if it worked now with the new MP version. Obviously it's complicated and we'll have to wait.

Sorry again for not having read that "Skin Support included is Default and DefaultWide".

Thank you all for your answers.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Zorg - NP - you are correct - MF 5.0 has literally hundreds of new features and the entire skin has changed with all new properties, many totally new ones. It requires almost totally new skin files from previous versions. Also, since we are in alpha test phase we are still making changes (though hopefully not any that require skin changes), so we cannot expect all skins to be ready yet.

"I thought I could have a try and see if it worked now with the new MP version." - You are not alone. We have had many users request the alpha release just to 'try it out'. I always understood that with MP or any software release, an alpha release is clearly for users who wish to test and report issues, not just to 'try it out'. But I can see that is not everyone's understanding.

So let me be clear now ;)
    If you ask for an alpha test release you are agreeing to test as many features as possible and report back.
    That is the only way we can successfully eliminate as many bugs as possible before beta release. Our goal is that once the beta is released the only bugs that should arise are due to use cases we have not considered or been able to test, especially as there are hundreds of ways to configure and use My Films.

I apologize if that was not clear previously and caused you or anyone any inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom