Can't close MP with MCE Remote (1 Viewer)

GavinC

Portal Member
November 19, 2005
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but Im using the latest StreamedMP release with MP 1.1 and use an MCE Remote to control everything.
The skin looks fantastic but I can't exit to desktop using the remote. I have to use a mouse to bring down the scrollbar and hit X.

Pressing the back button on the remote just cycles between the basic and enhanced Home skin.

Occationally sometimes it will work and I get the screen giving me an option to close or restart MP but this is very rare. What am I doing wrong ?

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Can't close MP with MCE Remote

Simply press the right arrow button when you are in the basichome screen. Then you should see the 3 symbols with exit, restart and shutdown.

Works for me without a problem.

GavinC

Portal Member
    November 19, 2005
    This doesn't do it for me , just cycles between the home screens . If I use my mouse and hover over the centre of the screen I can bring up the screen you mention but not otherwise.

OK, I don't know what it was now it works!!

Just did a re-install and everything is OK ..very strange.

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Can't close MP with MCE Remote

did you reinstall the skin or Mediaportal?

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious but Im using the latest StreamedMP release with MP 1.1 and use an MCE Remote to control everything.
    The skin looks fantastic but I can't exit to desktop using the remote. I have to use a mouse to bring down the scrollbar and hit X.

Pressing the back button on the remote just cycles between the basic and enhanced Home skin.

Occationally sometimes it will work and I get the screen giving me an option to close or restart MP but this is very rare. What am I doing wrong ?

Gavin,

Are you using IRSS? If so, it is simple.

Just remap the Power2 (Maybe called PowerPC) button to Exit Mediaportal.

In2Photos

Portal Member
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just a note that if you are using horizontal viewing instead of vertical for the basic home page you hit the "up" key instead of the "right" key to get the three icons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom