[confirm] can't connect to database (1 Viewer)

Cooler

Portal Member
May 31, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey all

i have 2 clean instals of MP rc3 on HTPC and Laptop my problem is laptop connects to tv server but not to database.

logs of laptop

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: can't connect to database

- Have you tried and switched of your firewalls (client and server)?
    - have you tried to set the ip adress instead if your server name, in both Tvserver config AND DB-connection?

Cooler

Portal Member
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    in order

yes

yes

and its realy bugging me that i can't find the problem

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've had this too om my 2 different systems, just only after fresh install. Restarting the computer solved this issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Internet required? DE
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Hello, I've been searching for a media server for my home entertainment system for a couple of years. I have changed server...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom