MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter, Cyberlink 7.3, ffdshow, DScaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Analog Cable, OTA HD
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MX-850
TV: Pioneer 60" Plasma Kuro
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI/HDMI

While installing the latest SVN, I tried clearing all channels, so I can rescan.

One channel, 51, refuses to be deleted. If I click Clear, it just keeps trying forever, without success.

I've uninstalled and installed a couple of times, including deleting the TV-Server folder in MP, but the offending channel keeps coming back.

I am using a Hauppauge WinTV950 in Analog only mode.

How can I delete this channel?

Mho

Portal Member
November 4, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I can confirm this.

my channel list looks like this
channelszb4.jpg

and i'm not able to delete the channels.
:(

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You need to delete the corresponding channels in the "channel", "channelmap" and "tuningdetail" (maybe "groupmap") tables inside the database.

-level20peon

Mho

Portal Member
    November 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've deinstalled MSQL2005 and installed MYSQL.
    With this database it is no problem to delete channels with TV Setup.

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm using tvengine3-03-08-2008--21-28h--Rev17823 and am unble to remove channels as well.

If I click on the Clear button, I get this message and it didn't go away after about 15mins.
    2z8pzys.jpg

So I clicked OK on the TV Server Managment Console window (I was surprised I could) to close it, then reopened it and tried the "Delete Scrambled" button (all my channels have red icons for some reason, ATSC?) but I get a very similar message that doesn't go away.
    2cgot1f.jpg

So I clicked OK again, and this time I used the Delete button. I had to delete them one at a time, but they did appear to be deleted, dispite a few glitches where the list would disappear and I'd have to click OK and restart the console a few times. But now I am down to one last channel that I cannot delete. I get no errors, it just won't delete.

Has anyone else tried MySQL to see if that works?

Developer Note: I think it would be a good idea if the "Clear" button was re-named to "Clear ALL Channels" and maybe prompt for confirmation before actually doing it. I could see myself selecting a channel and clicking "Clear" expecting it to remove the one channel only to be devistated that my whole channel lineup is lost. Well, once it is working I mean. :D

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here...

and I am not an SQL expert.. so I don't want to destroy my database...

I am using MS-SQL and the problem came after update from svn17406 to 17890...

Please Dev's help...

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could modify this query to the corresponding table names of MS-SQL and adapt the channel names to your needs. Every channel except the channels inside the brackets and "WDR K_ln" is deleted. I added the "NOT LIKE "WDR K_ln"" after the brackets because the query doesn't work with an unicode name inside the brackets (where EXACT terms are being searched for).

Code:
    DELETE channel c, channelmap h, tuningdetail t FROM channel c, channelmap h, tuningdetail t WHERE c.name NOT IN ("RTL Television", "SAT.1", "ProSieben", "VOX", "RTL2", "kabel eins", "DSF", "n-tv", "N24", "DAS VIERTE", "MTV", "BBC World", "EUROSPORT", "ZDF", "3sat", "DKULTUR", "DLF", "ZDFdokukanal", "Dok&Deb", "Euronews (D)", "Das Erste", "Bayerisches FS", "hr-fernsehen", "arte", "BR-alpha", "SWR Fernsehen BW", "Phoenix", "Viva", "Comedy Central", "CNN", "NDR Kultur", "MDR FIGARO", "hr2", "MDR INFO", "MDR SPUTNIK", "Bayern 4 Klassik", "SWR2", "WDR 3", "WDR 5") AND c.name NOT LIKE "WDR K_ln" AND c.idChannel = h.idChannel AND c.idChannel = t.idChannel;

-level20peon

PS: There is a more detailed and sophisticated version of this script to be found through the first link in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom