Can't enter Mediaportal TV Server Configuration after adding Slave Server (1 Viewer)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 - Latest SVN
MediaPortal Skin: TwoBlue
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro/Windows Server 2003
CPU Type: AMD Athlon64 / Pentium IV
HDD: 500GB / 500GB
Memory: 2GB / 1GB
Motherboard: ASUS A8V / ASUS P5P800
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FireDTV - S
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
2. TV Card: Hauppage
2. TV Card Type: PVR150
2. TV Card Driver: Latest
3. TV Card: Hauppage
3. TV Card Type: PVR150
3. TV Card Driver: Latest
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

After installing SQL express, configuring it for remote access, installing TVServer;

First setting up Server 1 with one Hauppage PVR150 Card. This all works fine, scanning for channels works okay and the configuration program behaves good.

When installing TVServer on the second server with another Hauppage PVR150 Card and a FireDTV-S sattelite receiver, i've to fill in te ip-adress if the first (Master) server. This all works good, I see the sql database is modified with the slave server added in the table [Server]

But when the TV Server program is started after the SQL table changes, I get the configuration screen like the attached one, on both master-server and slave-server.
Now I can't scan for channels on the slave server and can't modify any other settings. The error log contains some errors when starting the config APP..

I tried SVN builds:

13259, 13239, 13224, 13223, 13216

All with clean install and deleted the TVLibrary database before every new install.

Easy to reproduce on clean install.

I hope this issue can be solved soon, coz I really like to go and experiment with a multi seated server config.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Lucky I found 1 user with same problem already. I searched mantis and didn't find any bug report about this issue.

Can someone add this to the mantis buglist or at least tell me what's (or where i can find) the procedure to add this to the bug-list.

RichardY

March 13, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had exactly the same issues with Revision 13135 and 13216, however after a full install of the TVServer and removal of the TVLibrary files in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data, then installation of the latest version fixed the issue.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Richard,

can you tell me what version(build) you're succesfully working with master-, slave server and standalone clients?

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
thanx,

I'm going to try this version this week.. I'll let you know about my experiences

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Error found!?

Tried Rev13445 and Tried Rev13513, both not working in Master/Slave server config.

I uninstalled the tv-services, deleted the ms sql-express datase from within the management studio, deleted on both servers the directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MediaPortal TV Server

reinstalled the master server, master server up and running, streaming works.
after installing slave server, I can't enter TV-Server configuration any more.

Tried both revisions again, but not setup the tvcard after installing the master server, but imediatly setup the slave server, but result stays the same.

In the error.log, I see:

21-3-2007 22:41:37 Failed to startup cause of exception
21-3-2007 22:41:37 Exception :confused:ystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Server stack trace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at TvService.TVController.Type(Int32 cardId)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at TvControl.IController.Type(Int32 cardId)
at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm..ctor()
21-3-2007 22:41:37 Exception :The given key was not present in the dictionary.
21-3-2007 22:41:37 site :Void ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
21-3-2007 22:41:37 source :mscorlib
21-3-2007 22:41:37 stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at TvService.TVController.Type(Int32 cardId)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at TvControl.IController.Type(Int32 cardId)
at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm..ctor()

And strange enough, in the configuration program, I don't see the card-types specified for the slave cards. Has it to do with this error?

After discovered this, I tried complete reinstallation again, but install the intended slave server first, so it becomes master. The problem stays the same, but in the configuration screen, I can see the correct card types for this slave(now master) server and no card type for the other server. uhm.. I hope this makes sense.

I guess it has something to do with at TvService.TVController.Type(Int32 cardId)

Can please some programmer take a look at this?

Keep up the good work.. I really like The TV-Server concept!

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
See picture above!

Just realised, in the picture above, the 2 lower cards don't belong to server with IP: 192.168.123.201
Shouldn't they appear under the 192.168.123.25 host, where they are fysically seated?

Maybe that's the reason the card-type can't be interogated, because it's the wrong server.

When I look in the TV-Server database, I see in the Card table and Server Table that the server-ID correspond to the correct cards.

Hope this clears something out on this bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom